broke cylinder la463

/ broke cylinder la463 #1  

wfontjr

Tractor
2007 kubota L2800
i cracked the bottom of the curl cylinder of a kubota la463 fel, where the piston exits, the crack runs from the lip back about 2 inches, i assume replacement is the best option, would a weld work? any idea what a kubota piston cost these days?

/ broke cylinder la463
mostly likely broke it horseing around when i should not have been, basically using the fel like a dozer, digging up gums, privet, etc on land making food plots the last few months, at first you take it slow, but after awhile you try to push a little harder, and bad things happen, friday afternoon late getting dark, not sure if i had bucket at a bad angle, i saw fluid spraying so i backed out, took a few minutes to find the leak, had to be curling the bucket to get a spray

if i read correctly the warranty on the loader is 12 months, correct?

/ broke cylinder la463 #5  
If it is still under warranty, try getting it fixed by warranty. If the crack is very narrow, you could try welding it. Maybe try closing it tight with hose clamps and welding. You don't have much to loose by trying to weld it. The ends of cylinders are welded, give the side a try. If you weld it, get the piston and seal away from the heat of the weld. I would guess an OEM cylinder will be $$$.

/ broke cylinder la463 #6  
Is the cylinder rod bent ?

Last edited:
   / broke cylinder la463 #7  
mostly likely broke it horseing around when i should not have been, basically using the fel like a dozer, digging up gums, privet, etc on land making food plots the last few months, at first you take it slow, but after awhile you try to push a little harder, and bad things happen, friday afternoon late getting dark, not sure if i had bucket at a bad angle, i saw fluid spraying so i backed out, took a few minutes to find the leak, had to be curling the bucket to get a spray

if i read correctly the warranty on the loader is 12 months, correct?

Yup 12 mo on attachments.

/ broke cylinder la463
i believe the piston is still straight all though at the time i did not look to see, i left it at my land, i will go up next weekend and bring the tractor back

/ broke cylinder la463
local kubota dealer wants $600 for the cylinder, where is the best place online to order one? any idea what the specs are, i will not be able to pull the old one off till saturday when i go to where i left the tractor

/ broke cylinder la463 #10  
local kubota dealer wants $600 for the cylinder, where is the best place online to order one? any idea what the specs are, i will not be able to pull the old one off till saturday when i go to where i left the tractor

You may or may not find a lesser priced cylinder, but you could probably replace both of the cylinders so as to have a matched pair. Another idea is to contact Baileynet.com and see if they have a cylinder or can they make one for you. I know you can specify type cylinder, length ,rod size, end fittings, etc. You might find two of the same cylinders at Hydraulics Surplus.