broke cylinder la463

/ broke cylinder la463 #21  
I'm not sure if it's possible but you might want to look into putting your lift cylinders on the dump as they are the same.

There is a different part number for the lift cylinders, 7J266-63010. Not sure what the difference is, probably just the grease fittings but they are cheeper. Still insane though @ $553.85.

Sometimes the cynic, it seems to me that they marked up the part that was more likely to break to take advantage. The cheeper boom cylinder actually has two extra grease fittings tapped and assembled.

/ broke cylinder la463 #22  
There is a different part number for the lift cylinders, 7J266-63010. Not sure what the difference is, probably just the grease fittings but they are cheeper. Still insane though @ $553.85.

Sometimes the cynic, it seems to me that they marked up the part that was more likely to break to take advantage. The cheeper boom cylinder actually has two extra grease fittings tapped and assembled.

That is weird. The operator manual for my la463 clearly says lift cyl 45mm x 476mm and 45mm x 476mm for the dump:confused:

I wonder if any of the pins are different sizes? Mine's not here to look at right now But I think I would try to swap them. A little more power wher it's usable and a little more lift.

/ broke cylinder la463 #23  
It's a pretty safe bet that they are the same dimensions. It really, probably does just come down to grease fitting placement for access and convenience but the pins do have different part numbers too, probably to correspond to the grease fittings.

Really can't explain the price difference though.

/ broke cylinder la463
any tricks or tips to removing and installing these cylinders i should know ahead of time

/ broke cylinder la463 #25  
Just understand that when you take a fitting off, you will loose hyd fluid, and if their is any load on it, it will come out under pressure, so just crack the fitting and let some pressure bleed off.

When you install the new dump cylinders, I would have them completely collapsed (bucket curled all the way back) which may require some blocking when you are working on it. I would then only hook up the hyd line that goes to the rear of the cyl, the one that makes it dump, and leave the other off. Start the tractor and dump the bucket all the way. Then hook up the other lines.

This will force a lot of air out of the cylinder instead of pushing it back into the system. Then with everything hooked up, Just start cycling the bucket, full dump the full curl to expell the rest of the air. When everything is operating smoothly with no jumping or chattering, inspect for leaks, Re-grease pins, and you're done

/ broke cylinder la463 #26  
Have you looked into getting the cylinder repaired? If the rods not bent that could be a cheaper way out of this. I know around here it's about half the price of new to replace a bent rod. Good luck.

/ broke cylinder la463
update

i went to the dealer today to pick up my cylinder, parts manager informed me if i have kubota insurance they would cover the cylinder, $250 deductible, so the insurance paid for itself with one repair, he said any damages for any reason kubota would cover, i am much happier this afternoon

/ broke cylinder la463 #28  
I have the same loader,did you notice sort of cracking sound when useing the loader before discovering crack?...notice yesterday cracking sound left side couldn't find anything.

/ broke cylinder la463
no, just saw fluid spraying in the front, originally thought i broke a hose

/ broke cylinder la463 #30  
I have the same loader,did you notice sort of cracking sound when useing the loader before discovering crack?...notice yesterday cracking sound left side couldn't find anything.

Check your loader mounting bolts, loose hardware can cause a cracking sound.