broke cylinder la463

/ broke cylinder la463 #11  
Looks like part #7J266-64010. $610.75 on Tractorsmart.com, Kellerkubota.com and Messicks.com.

Your local dealer is probably the best option, at least you'll save on shipping. Boy, I'm not sure I was expecting it to cost that much, I think I'll be more careful with mine from now on.

/ broke cylinder la463 #13  
The 2" by 19 5/8 cylinder on baileys is probabally your best way to go. Just buy two of them.

I looked at my loader manual and they list the lift and the curl cylinders being the same at 45mm x 476mm or 1.77" x 18.7" so the baileys is real close. Being 2" it'll give you about 25% more force.

/ broke cylinder la463 #15  
In a 2 in cyl, if the rod size gets larger, there is less surface area, and the retraction speed will increase, and be faster. The retraction is always faster than the extension. In a 2 in cyl, the extension speed will stay the same, since you are still pushing against the same 2 in bore.

/ broke cylinder la463 #16  
But at a slower speed.

You are correct but due to the marginal increase it won't be much. The volume of the 2 factory cylinders is .39 gallons. The 3400 has a 6.5gpm pump. So the factory raise time is 3.7sec. The volume of 2 of the 2" cylinders is .49 gallons so it would increast the time to raise by 1 second to 4.7sec.

/ broke cylinder la463
thanks for the info

/ broke cylinder la463 #18  
I probably should take a closer look but I don't have access to my machine at the moment. I think there is a stop on my loader arm that meets the bucket at the full dump position. It seems that way anyway, when I dump to fast, something slams together and makes a pretty good bucket shake.

Is there any concern that the longer cylinder would damage something at full extension?

/ broke cylinder la463 #19  
I probably should take a closer look but I don't have access to my machine at the moment. I think there is a stop on my loader arm that meets the bucket at the full dump position. It seems that way anyway, when I dump to fast, something slams together and makes a pretty good bucket shake.

Is there any concern that the longer cylinder would damage something at full extension?

They make these to limit cylinder travel, called stroke control.

Hydraulic Cylinder Components, Products

/ broke cylinder la463 #20  
I don't think it would hurt anything because on the 463 loader, it has the mechanical stops (what you hear bang when you full dump) that stop the bucket before the cylinder is out of stroke.

I'm not sure if it's possible but you might want to look into putting your lift cylinders on the dump as they are the same. Then you could use the larger cyls on the lift. Not sure weather it can be done, but if everything clears, you'll get a little more lift height. And more lift capacity.

Just an idea.