Broken Kubota Backhoe

/ Broken Kubota Backhoe #21  
If it's just a cracked weld and you haven't pretzled it, grind, weld, paint and be done. :thumbsup:

I've broken a lot of stuff under warranty, and out, and sometimes it's just more worthwhile to know YOU did it right, and save the hassle of driving/hauling for a couple hours to the dealer, and then waiting xDays to get it back, etc... The same applies to any "Insurance" sometimes your better off not using it ;)

/ Broken Kubota Backhoe #22  
Still would love to see a pic to believe!

/ Broken Kubota Backhoe #23  
I found this thread while searching to see if anyone else shared my situation and decided to register to share what happened to me. I emailed kubota the attached discription of my issue and am still waiting for a response from them. I am not holding my breath, but it is obviously a design issue or at the very least a workmanship issue. I would not be surprised if this has happened to a number of people.

Attachments

• Kubota Hoe Attachment Failure - Fatigue break at (2).pdf
    393.9 KB · Views: 996
   / Broken Kubota Backhoe #24  
EGADS!!!! :eek:

THAT is quite the break!!!! So it broke at the weld on the thumb then continued up? Did it snap all in one shot? What was being dug/thumbed?

I've abused my 3pt hoe a lot and have never come close to feeling like anything like that would happen!! Hope Kubota contacts you and helps you out.

/ Broken Kubota Backhoe #25  
Nmarco,
WOW! I would think that you will not have any problem with Kubota getting that covered, warranty or not. The tube seems to be a lot thinner wall than I would expect to see. Have you talked to your local dealer? That is pretty unbelievable.:confused2: Please keep us in the loop how it is covered by kubota.

/ Broken Kubota Backhoe #26  
When it broke I wasn't really working it that hard ... just digging into a bank. The crack must have been there and finally propagated to the side walls and then she gave way and tore right up the sides.

I agree, the wall thickness is very thin. I didn't mic it, but is around 50 to 60 thou thick.

I didn't go to the dealer yet, the hoe is only warrantied for 12 months and it is around 22 months old. I was hoping that Kubota would look at the photos and agree there is a workmanship defect and grant me some satisfaction.

The only hard part for me is leaving it set there till I hear an answer. I can hear my welder calling out to me through my closed garage door.:laughing:

/ Broken Kubota Backhoe #27  
It looks like you had a break on one side, the part that's rusted and then the rest gave way. I'm not sure why it broke like that.

/ Broken Kubota Backhoe #28  
I agree, the side with the rust spots was the side where the thumb bracket weld was.

/ Broken Kubota Backhoe #29  
You have to work through a dealer no matter what you do!!! So you are slowing the proper procedures to have any help from kubota.
Dealers can be a lot of assistance with working with the company to get a customer to the proper channels.

It is rare that you could have sent it to the people who need to have it to help you. Get those pics to Goodrich so that the proper procedures can get started to help you.

/ Broken Kubota Backhoe #30  
Good point Art. I will take a trip by there after work tomorrow. I just wasn't sure if they could help since the warranty was up. I guess I was hoping Kubota would send me to Goodrich.