Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab
After some comments today and some more research I'm going to go with tempered glass. Upside is it's cheaper than laminate too. Saw some video of someone jumping on a tempered table top until it broke ... and it wasn't easy to break. I just don't think the laminate would have enough strength around all the drilled mounting holes.

Got a quote from the One Day Glass place. $177 including shipping. 3/16" Tempered glass, all the holes drilled etc. So about $500 cheaper than the Curtis OEM piece.

Just have to double check my CAD drawing and in a couple of days I'll put in the order.

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab #13  
Keep us posted.....with pictures of course!

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab #14  
Kubota cab front glass is tempered - can vouch for that. Bits of shattered glass were shaking out of their hiding spots until I traded it off - M135GX. I have farm insurance with glass option so it was replaced no cost.

Put the order in today. Total was $189.11 . This is for a flat, 37" x 29", 3/16 clear tempered glass with 10 holes of varying sizes and 3/4" radius corners. Mounting holes are 2 for top hinges, 2 for gas piston supports, 2 for wiper motor, 4 for lower closing clamps.

In the extremely unlikely event anyone else needs the same glass for Curtis Cab for a BX2200 ( Cab is serial number 110914), if the glass fits when I get it ... I'll post the CAD file that was used to order the glass.

New windshield came in, in one piece, and it appears to be cut and drilled properly.

Pics of the shipping box, the glass on the floor with the weatherstrip installed.

Right now it's bolted to the tractor, hanging from the hinges, looks like all the holes line up and are the right size.

Will post pics when it's all done.

Not bad for $188 delivered ... about 1/4 the cost of the same part from Curtis Cab.

Attachments

• Kubota-Windshield-1.jpg
    Kubota-Windshield-1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Kubota-Windshield-2.jpg
    Kubota-Windshield-2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 163
Windshield is installed. Everything fit perfectly, even the old weatherstrip. All the holes right where I wanted them. About $500 less than the OEM Curtis part for the exact same thing, same thickness tempered glass, etc.

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab #19  
Dang Dataway, you found a cheap way out of allowing us non cab folks a chance to gloat a little:D
That glass replacement issue, (not so much the initial cost) is my "open" reason, especially with the round, frameless door glass on many factory cabs. If I could get a flat panel curtis type cab for mine I would just for the flat glass. Happy to hear of your MUCH more reasonably priced fix.:thumbsup:

Yep I'd be riding around with no windshield if I had to pay the OEM price for a replacement :)

The place would be a good option for those wanting to build their own cabs. Design any flat window you want and these people can make it for a very reasonable price.