Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab #21  
Put the order in today. Total was $189.11 . This is for a flat, 37" x 29", 3/16 clear tempered glass with 10 holes of varying sizes and 3/4" radius corners. Mounting holes are 2 for top hinges, 2 for gas piston supports, 2 for wiper motor, 4 for lower closing clamps.

In the extremely unlikely event anyone else needs the same glass for Curtis Cab for a BX2200 ( Cab is serial number 110914), if the glass fits when I get it ... I'll post the CAD file that was used to order the glass.

I realize its been a while, but could you send me that CAD file. If its still available, then I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks.

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab
Sent a PM. I've got the files, just need a place to send them. I have both a DXF and DWG ... forget which worked for the glass company, but you can just send them both, same file, different formats.

Don't think the forum will allow me to attach a CAD file.

Here is a screen shot of the file in AutoCad.

By the way, it's installed and has done the job since my last post in this topic.

Attachments

• Kubota-Windshield.jpg
    Kubota-Windshield.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 158
   / Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab #23  
Sent a PM. I've got the files, just need a place to send them. I have both a DXF and DWG ... forget which worked for the glass company, but you can just send them both, same file, different formats.

Don't think the forum will allow me to attach a CAD file.

Here is a screen shot of the file in AutoCad.

By the way, it's installed and has done the job since my last post in this topic.

Dataway, this is a timely thread. I busted windshield last night. Exact same cab. A bazillion little glass shards. I filled out the online request using all of the information you had provided and the One Day Glass quote came back at $290 + tax, over $100 more than your price. Did you talk to someone at ODG or fill out the online? I can't fathom why the big price difference.

GW .... Did you make sure you picked plain clear tempered glass and not laminated tempered glass? A "seamed edge" (cheapest option),

Big increase for just a bit more than a year later .... probably some covid related increases ... and since the glass comes from the North West ... well, with all the broken glass there in the cities lately the price has probably gone up.

Did you use the measurements on the CAD file? ... sometimes various small details can add cost because it alters the way they have to make it. Holes close together, corner radius etc.

Did you have the file upload as required by the online order form? They want the actual CAD file, not the image .... if you send the image they would have to do the CAD work themselves and they will charge for that.

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab #25  
Dataway,
Thanks for getting back to me. I did select plain clear tempered glass with a seamed edge. I only had the screenshot of the CAD drawing so I used those measurements when requesting the quote online. Could you please send me the actual CAD files? It may be cheaper if I supply those, as you suggest. You make excellent points on the possible reasons for increased cost.

Can't thank you enough,
~g

Send you an email via the forum app .... doesn't let me attach files so I sent you my email address. You can contact me directly and I'll email you the files ASAP.

As I mentioned above, there are two version of the file, both the same but different formats, I forget which one they could read ... so I'll send both, and you can send them both.

See if that reduces the quote.

How did it work out for you? Any cheaper supplying the drawings?

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab #28  
How did it work out for you? Any cheaper supplying the drawings?
Hey Dataway, The shipping to Canada from West Coast US killed it. So I went looking for and found a place in Ontario Canada to cut and ship one to me on the East Cost. Providing the drawings did not help on the price (although I'm sure it helped them with setup). Also, they could not cut a 3/4" radius on corners so I just went with 1/2". The kicker is that they charge a fee $15+tx per hole. For any Canucks on the thread, here is my breakdown. Company is online company call GlassAndMirror. Glass fit perfectly and all holes lined up.

Product Quantity Price
Glass: CAD $133.05
Subtotal: CAD $133.05
Discount: -CAD $9.65
Holes (10): CAD $150.00
HST (14%): CAD $38.28
Total: CAD $311.67
Shipping: Free shipping

Thanks again Dataway. I still can't believe you had the exact drawings for my glass. Temperature just dropped and snow is starting to fall. Might as well buy a lotto ticket.

Merry Christmas.

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab #29  
I know this is an old thread but blew out my window over the weekend and found this info. For anyone interested in an update on price.

I PMed Dataway but didn't get a reply and it doesn't look like he is active here in a while so a friend took his JPEG and drew it up for me so I had CAD drawings to send them. I just got a quote from One Day Glass for $221.43 shipped. Lead time is less than two weeks. I will update when I receive it and see how it fits but not expecting any issues and GREATLY appreciate this post.

/ Broken Windshield on Kubota BX2200 Curtis Cab #30  
Well I thought I had replied to this with an update but I don't see it now so I will fill you in. I was able to attach the CAD drawing of the windshield and do the full order online. I think it came to $250ish including shipping. I had the piece in about 2-3 weeks. Came FedEx and was extremely well packed in a custom made package.

That was all the good part. For the bad - I apparently had a different wiper than the drawing dataway had and I didn't notice it. I also had spacers for the hinge that he didn't have so I should have had bigger holes there. With my windshield gone, I never realized they were different. So, I had holes for the hinges that were too small for my spacers (nylon washer so the metal didn't touch the glass).

I also didn't have the extra hole for the wiper that mine needed to lock the wiper so it stayed vertical as it wiped (don't know the technical name for that style). So, my solution was to wrap electrical tape around the hinge studs - I managed to fit two layers so the metal stud didn't touch the glass - hindsight maybe heat shrink would have been good. Less than ideal but all I could do or think of at the time.

Then for the wiper, I took the extra arm and tape/cable tied it to the main arm so it still wipes but gives a "v" shaped wipe. Again less than ideal but works. It makes for a narrow field of wiping right at eye level but it does the job.

After mounting, I also noticed the hole for the wiper put the motor touching the inside of the cab. All I needed was a tiny bit of space - was afraid it could break with constant vibration. I wish the hole was a quarer inch lower but no changing it now so I made a nylon spacer to help move it away from the top of the cab. I also milled a hair off of the wiper housing for clearance. It isn't much clearance but they don't touch now so I think I am good there. Wish I could figure out a solution to the wiper to make it back to vertical. It was nice having a wider view in the snow and rain.

It's all working now - not ideal but works and was WAY cheaper and faster than OEM from Curtis cab.

Kubota Windshield Package.jpgKubota Windshield Wiper Close.jpgKubota Windshield Wiper.jpg