Building a small farm.

/ Building a small farm.
No Bo, we have been at the Arkansas State Fair the last ten days with the girls showing our livestock. Finally got home last night! We showed our Herefords last week and the pigs this week. We won our class with our heifer calves, and Clara won Grand Champion Spot boar. I have to catch the boat in a few days and go back to work. So, I'm about done for a month anyway. I have enough for the month I'm gone. Thanks for asking though! LUTT

Attachments

• image-1247737607.jpg
    image-1247737607.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 178
  • image-1116264039.jpg
    image-1116264039.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 221
   / Building a small farm. #32  
Awesome. Congratulations to the girls!

/ Building a small farm.
Thanks guys, I appreciate that. LUTT

/ Building a small farm. #35  
Be been on here for several years now. Thought it was about time to start a project thread. About five years ago, my wife and two girls moved out of the bottoms to here in the hills. One reason was so the wife was closer to work and the girls closer to school. We purchased this house and 16 acres to eventually get cleared up so we could raise a few registered herefords and registered spot pigs. I have slowly converted 30x50 shop into a barn. Moved the shop to the basement garage. Cleaned up and fenced a couple of paddocks. Working on narrowing down the back pond. And now working on cleaning the woods. My goals are to have the place divided into paddocks, which we will be able to irrigate them all. Eventually gut and redo the inside of the house, finish the basement, and more or less be ready for retirement eventually. Here are a few pics. I will try to post as I work, and maybe get you guys up to speed on all this. Should have already started. Bear with me, this thread is gonna last a few years! LUTT

View attachment 390620

Front of house

View attachment 390622

Good pond

View attachment 390623

Shot off the back of the house over looking bad pond.

View attachment 390626

A few shots of the shop to barn conversion. All the pens are done with pigs in them. I'll get some shots posted later.

View attachment 390636

Some shots of the work in the woods.

View attachment 390638

Digging a stump out of the road from pics above.

Looks too easy, not enough rocks, ledge and hills.

/ Building a small farm. #36  
one option would be to run your hogs in the bad pond for a season or two, they tell me it helps seal ponds. but you're from arkansas & already know that :welcome:

/ Building a small farm.
Yes sir, i have thought about that, but may be eliminating the ponds al togather. But thanks, the old timers and few others says it works though! LUTT

/ Building a small farm.
Looks too easy, not enough rocks, ledge and hills.
Pretty good ground, you go further west and north, more rocks,ledges, and hills! LUTT

/ Building a small farm.
Well tomorrow I the big day, put my month in and it's time to be off a month. Maybe Monday, I'll pick up where we left here! LUTT

/ Building a small farm. #40  
Hope you had a great Christmas!