Buying parts and supplies on line

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #31  
Three dollars for wiper blades at Rock Auto, LOL. I got caught with a bad wiper on my F150 while on the road so I stopped at a Napa to buy blades. $70.00!!!!!

Be interested to see how long that $3 wiper lasts. Haven't seen $3 wiper blades since the 50s.

Never pay counter price at NAPA, that is for the unknowing. Ask for their fleet price; amazing the difference and they are still making a profit. Here in the states they have 4 levels of pricing; counter, mechanic shop, military, and fleet in order of magnitude. My store gives me the fleet price as my military if it is cheaper. Helps to get acquainted with the counter staff. They even get me stuff NAPA dos not stock from other vendors and gives me at least if not more off the normal price for a buyout item. That is why I have shopped there for 60 years. Several of the counter guys at my store are retired or disabled mechanics so they know their stuff.

The dealer I bought my BX from is only 10 miles away but they POed me over a warranty problem (long story) so I have boycotted them. I now use one 45 miles away and they have a super shop and great mechanics. Their foreman has over 15 years on Kubotas. Kubota unique parts I get at least 10% off and they mail at the cheapest rate w/o markup on their side. The only major work by their shop was a KTAC covered repair. I do all my own otherwise as their shop rate is 125/hr which is the industry standard around here. I can trailer my BX so that is not an issue. 1500 hours and still no major problems, not even a hydraulic leak.

Ron

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #32  
Just spent $75 ish on parts...

The used mower we got for this year started making nasty sounds yesterday..never seen it before, but the mower blades mount to a 'star' type affair on the bottom of the spindles. One is completely stripped (blade would spin freely..needed airgun to get the but off!) and the other was nearly as bad. and the belt didn't look too good.

So jacks small engine $27/spindle ***'y, vbeltguys.com - $7.21 for a belt and 7 shipping..27 to 45 for belt anyplace else. got one for my landpride finish mower and it's been working fine for 6 or 7 hours of HARD mowing without any signs of slipping..it did slip some when a 2x4 was hiding in the deep grass and jammed a blade...but sill works great after.

Be interested to see how long that $3 wiper lasts. Haven't seen $3 wiper blades since the 50s.

Never pay counter price at NAPA, that is for the unknowing. Ask for their fleet price; amazing the difference and they are still making a profit. Here in the states they have 4 levels of pricing; counter, mechanic shop, military, and fleet in order of magnitude. My store gives me the fleet price as my military if it is cheaper. Helps to get acquainted with the counter staff. They even get me stuff NAPA dos not stock from other vendors and gives me at least if not more off the normal price for a buyout item. That is why I have shopped there for 60 years. Several of the counter guys at my store are retired or disabled mechanics so they know their stuff.

The dealer I bought my BX from is only 10 miles away but they POed me over a warranty problem (long story) so I have boycotted them. I now use one 45 miles away and they have a super shop and great mechanics. Their foreman has over 15 years on Kubotas. Kubota unique parts I get at least 10% off and they mail at the cheapest rate w/o markup on their side. The only major work by their shop was a KTAC covered repair. I do all my own otherwise as their shop rate is 125/hr which is the industry standard around here. I can trailer my BX so that is not an issue. 1500 hours and still no major problems, not even a hydraulic leak.

Ron

anco and other name brand blades.

go look them up for your car/truck and see.

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #33  
When I need a parts I always go online. I am loyal to me when it comes to spending money. I will check Amazon, all the auto parts stores online sites, and ebay to see who has the best deal. Had to replace three alternators in less than a month, van, truck and tractor. They all came from different sources due to price.