Buying parts and supplies on line

/ Buying parts and supplies on line
I buy all my parts online.
For my tractor, side by side, zero turn, motorcycle, Etc. I have never been back to the dealer to buy a part for any.

All of these replies are making me feel a lot better for doing what is right for me. After all, the dealers are doing what is right for them. They have no loyalty to me. Messick痴 is a brick and mortar dealer and can sell on line for much lower prices than my local dealer. I conclude, markup % is a dealers choice. If they make less on equipment, they will make their money on parts and probably service.

Please keep the comments coming.

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #12  
I try to buy all parts online too.

Speaking of which... need some coolant for my 300+k miles 2.4l World Engine... hasn't been flushed since 150k... keeps on chuggin... :)

Tasca Ford has great deals on auto parts for many brands of cars... right next to Rockauto...

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #13  
I needed some parts for the used Vicon spreader I bought (Kubota now owns Kverneland). Shopped it online and thought I would give closest dealer a call. First off he gives me this line over and over about how ‘Kubota parts and Vicon parts, sometimes they are the same, sometimes not’. Well Vicon builds Kubota spreaders, and the part numbers are exact. Anyway, his prices were nearly double. They get all get their parts from the same warehouses, I do not understand the huge markups.

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #14  
I shop 80% online. Town is 20 minutes away and dealer is 25. Normally I plan ahead or can wait till im off work and with amazon 2 day shipping, it is fast enough. I bought filters once from the dealer and will go online from now on.

We buy grocery items online even.

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #15  
I shop both on-line and at my local dealers. My Kubota dealer's prices are competitive with Messick's and no shipping charges which makes them even cheaper.

Now for my local John Deere dealer, just the opposite. The bigger they got, the more independent they became and their higher price markup prices are ridiculous. Of course they now have a sales staff for new equipment purchases, a parts counter staff, a maintenance department clerical staff, and even a separate check-out counter staff where you pay for any parts or services. I can't afford to support them all.

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #16  
I needed some parts for the used Vicon spreader I bought (Kubota now owns Kverneland). Shopped it online and thought I would give closest dealer a call. First off he gives me this line over and over about how 驫*ubota parts and Vicon parts, sometimes they are the same, sometimes not? Well Vicon builds Kubota spreaders, and the part numbers are exact. Anyway, his prices were nearly double. They get all get their parts from the same warehouses, I do not understand the huge markups.

It may have something to do with taxes, employee medical plans, retirement plans, building rent, insurance, theft protection and those type of things. I've read or heard on the TV news, which is always correct, :D that Amazon, although making billions, don't even pay taxes.

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #17  
It may have something to do with taxes, employee medical plans, retirement plans, building rent, insurance, theft protection and those type of things. I've read or heard on the TV news, which is always correct, :D that Amazon, although making billions, don't even pay taxes.

Yes all of that is true, although the place I ordered from is an actual tractor dealership with a web site and parts sales (a Messicks type business). I think the dealers that keep prices reasonable and have good online service will thrive, those that dont, wont.

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #18  
I am about 30 minutes from the dealer and he usually stocks most common parts and his prices are competitive with online.I
He charges $100/hr for pick and/or field service so I try to avoid him otherwise.

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #19  
I've bought online, never crooked Amazon though, rather Messick's and Hoober's, both actual, tax paying businesses, as well as from the local dealer. I believe the local dealer should be supported, or he'll go out of business. That said, he talked me into a different tractor than I wanted, so am less than happy with it, and I have a long memory, thus the online purchases. However, what I have bought locally has always been cheaper than the online dealers, even before adding shipping. Dollars matter to me as apparently I'm not living in today's so called good economy. Expenses are going up far faster than my income.

So I'm kinda torn, and do whatever the mood strikes me that day.

/ Buying parts and supplies on line #20  
OK, not tractor related-----------
I purchase my car parts on line and have offered my mechanic the option to add a few $$'s to the labor costs.
He agreed and now my auto maintenance has been reduced by a whole lot.
Shucks I even tip each mechanic that works on my car. (they now address me by name when I drop in)
Everybody happy including me and my costs well below any dealer shop.
PS, I like to keep cars for, like 10-12 years and like them to be reliable, hate depreciation on new vehicles.
Mostly I like to purchase a one owner 'off lease' 3 year unit with as low mileage as possible, and never a short term rental unit.
My last buy had 36000 Kms on a Kia Sorento that still had not a sign of rust under the under side.
Shrewd shopping is however very time consuming but in the long term worthy.
Hey, retired it is just a game.