Buying Advice Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #11  
Prices are relevant to condition, hours and local market. A B2620 will not be "too much".

You did not mention mowing as an objective. If you need to mow, that is a good package.

MMMs are brand specific, therefore quite costly.

Last edited:
   / Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #12  
I don't know if a ready-made ripper tooth is available for any other brand (except maybe JD).

Michigan Iron makes a Ripper for your Kioti.

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #14  
I thought slavers had taken you.

I tried to call Agnes; no success.

I've been assembling a posse of former Cub Scouts.

And I thought you fell in....Maybe someone pushed you??

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #15  
My Wife is ALWAYS pushing me in some direction.

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #16  
I would get a BX 25, which comes with a backhoe, and forget about the mower. It's too much of a pain to put it on and take it off, and for the same or less money you can get a dedicated lawn tractor that will do your mowing quite nicely. An added feature is that you will have two seats, one for you and one for your wife!

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres
I would get a BX 25, which comes with a backhoe, and forget about the mower. It's too much of a pain to put it on and take it off, and for the same or less money you can get a dedicated lawn tractor that will do your mowing quite nicely. An added feature is that you will have two seats, one for you and one for your wife!

That's a great idea what would be a cost effective zero turn mower that is roughly in the price range of the mmm?

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #18  
That's a great idea what would be a cost effective zero turn mower that is roughly in the price range of the mmm?

Well, forget about a Kubota zero turn - the prices are obscene! Just go down to Home Depot or Lowes and pick out a nice one. For 1.5 acres (and how much of that is lawn?) you don't need much. I myself have a little 36" or so Snapper that is quite old, and I must have at least a couple of acres of lawn.

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #19  
Can't go wrong with a Mahindra Max 28xl. I have about the same size property and found it works very well. I have the FEL, MMM, BH and tiller, rock rake and box blade. I'm amazed how munch I use my tractor.

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres
Well, forget about a Kubota zero turn - the prices are obscene! Just go down to Home Depot or Lowes and pick out a nice one. For 1.5 acres (and how much of that is lawn?) you don't need much. I myself have a little 36" or so Snapper that is quite old, and I must have at least a couple of acres of lawn.

1.5 acres is yard only