Buying Advice Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres
Can't go wrong with a Mahindra Max 28xl. I have about the same size property and found it works very well. I have the FEL, MMM, BH and tiller, rock rake and box blade. I'm amazed how munch I use my tractor.

Are you in Iowa? Just curious where you would get a mahindra and what the cost is also? Is mahindra grey market or up to us specs?

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #22  
Can't go wrong with a Mahindra Max 28xl. I have about the same size property and found it works very well. I have the FEL, MMM, BH and tiller, rock rake and box blade. I'm amazed how munch I use my tractor.

I second the motion for a Mahindra, but you will probably find an MAX 22 or 24 will be better for your needs. These are not toys and seem to be flying out of the stores lately. They are a great little machine. Don't underestimate one.

You owe it to yourself to check them out.

I second the motion for a Mahindra, but you will probably find an MAX 22 or 24 will be better for your needs. These are not toys and seem to be flying out of the stores lately. They are a great little machine. Don't underestimate one.

You owe it to yourself to check them out.

Any ideas on the cost of those machines with mmm and fel with 4wd? Also is the life span of mahindra comparable to kubota/john deere

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #24  
Tractor.com - 2014 Mahindra MAX™ Series 22 4WD HST Tractor Reviews, Prices and Specs
Tractor.com - 2014 Mahindra MAX™ Series 25 4WD HST Tractor Reviews, Prices and Specs

Check out their website for all models, accessories

World's #1 Selling Tractor including Compact tractors, Sub-Compact Tractors, Utility Tractors and Farm Tractors with Loaders, Backhoes, Implements, Mowers and more. | Mahindra USA Mobile

Some models are made in Japan by Mitsubishi, others in Korea, India. Mine is a Mitsu.

I dont know about longevity, but Mahindra is the largest selling tractor in the world and #3 in the USA.

I'll let you know about the longevity in about 20 years, as I just bought a 3016 in July. I don't plan on buying another and I wasn't overly concerned about it due to the company's size, history.

I'm very impressed an happy with mine.

Check out the Mahindra section of this forum for lots of info.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra/

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #25  
I don't know if a ready-made ripper tooth is available for any other brand (except maybe JD).

Michigan Iron makes a Ripper for your Kioti.

Dang it. All I need to do is buy a backhoe for the Kioti so I can get a ripper tooth for it. ;)

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #26  
In my opinion I think a Kubota BX would suit you just fine. The MMM really isn't bad at all to take on and off. I usually leave mine on the entire grass mowing season. It comes off for the winter. Is a B out of the question, no, but it is probably overkill for your property. The MMM on the BX does a really nice job mowing. Having a dedicated lawn tractor and a SCUT is a hefty investment and twice the maintenance. I use my FEL on my BX for snow removal and it does a fine job. If you decide to purchase the tractor with FEL, try it for snow removal, you can always add a snow blower or blade. More importantly, what is your budget?

In my opinion I think a Kubota BX would suit you just fine. The MMM really isn't bad at all to take on and off. I usually leave mine on the entire grass mowing season. It comes off for the winter. Is a B out of the question, no, but it is probably overkill for your property. The MMM on the BX does a really nice job mowing. Having a dedicated lawn tractor and a SCUT is a hefty investment and twice the maintenance. I use my FEL on my BX for snow removal and it does a fine job. If you decide to purchase the tractor with FEL, try it for snow removal, you can always add a snow blower or blade. More importantly, what is your budget?

How much snow do you move/grass do you mow? Also what size is your fel and mmm? I was thinking bx would be nice also for size of property but after reading on forum everyone saying that they ended up trading their tractor for something bigger I was thinking about the used b2620 from what I gather 400 hours on a kubota diesel is just getting it broken in. The dealership is asking nearly $15k for the used b2620 and I could probably swing that if I had to, but where I get stuck is do I need that much tractor when I could probably get something smaller for cheaper and be just as happy with it. Bottom line I guess us that $12k is the price point I'm most comfortable with...I just keep going back and forth in my mind if I'm willing to spend 12 why not a little more for a bigger machine that I KNOW will tackle any job I can throw at it in the future? Sorry for the long response just don't want to get something and then regret it.

Tractor.com - 2014 Mahindra MAX™ Series 22 4WD HST Tractor Reviews, Prices and Specs
Tractor.com - 2014 Mahindra MAX™ Series 25 4WD HST Tractor Reviews, Prices and Specs

Check out their website for all models, accessories

World's #1 Selling Tractor including Compact tractors, Sub-Compact Tractors, Utility Tractors and Farm Tractors with Loaders, Backhoes, Implements, Mowers and more. | Mahindra USA Mobile

Some models are made in Japan by Mitsubishi, others in Korea, India. Mine is a Mitsu.

I dont know about longevity, but Mahindra is the largest selling tractor in the world and #3 in the USA.

I'll let you know about the longevity in about 20 years, as I just bought a 3016 in July. I don't plan on buying another and I wasn't overly concerned about it due to the company's size, history.

I'm very impressed an happy with mine.

Check out the Mahindra section of this forum for lots of info.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra/

Point taken on the longevity part. I will take another look at mahindra in the forums they were in my list to start but moved away from them because the dealer is 40 miles from me, but maybe that isn't all too bad? Also I assumed (perhaps mistakenly) that they were grey market. Do you know if that is the case?

To be honest I think they are a very nice looking machine and so far everything I've read from people who own them is positive. I will take a look at the links you sent, thanks!

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #29  
Bottom line I guess us that $12k is the price point I'm most comfortable with...I just keep going back and forth in my mind if I'm willing to spend 12 why not a little more for a bigger machine that I KNOW will tackle any job I can throw at it in the future? Sorry for the long response just don't want to get something and then regret it.

If you are buying a tractor "forever" get what you need/want and forget about a few thousand at the margin.

Inevitably, you will want to purchase implements and attachments to meet specific needs.

The one thing that draws me to the Kubota SCUTs is that the aftermarket for them is robust. Places like BXpanded make all sorts of useful add-on goodies for them. For example, I bought a Kubota BX23 and wanted to replace the backhoe bucket with a ripper tooth. Bro-Tek makes one and it's been great.

I think it is time for you to get in your vehicle and visit tractor dealers, starting with dealer closest to your home and working out.

I think you have been given all the useful information you can absorb at this point in your experience base.

Time to kick some tractor tires.

/ Buying the right tractor for 1.5 acres #30  
How much snow do you move/grass do you mow? Also what size is your fel and mmm? I was thinking bx would be nice also for size of property but after reading on forum everyone saying that they ended up trading their tractor for something bigger I was thinking about the used b2620 from what I gather 400 hours on a kubota diesel is just getting it broken in. The dealership is asking nearly $15k for the used b2620 and I could probably swing that if I had to, but where I get stuck is do I need that much tractor when I could probably get something smaller for cheaper and be just as happy with it. Bottom line I guess us that $12k is the price point I'm most comfortable with...I just keep going back and forth in my mind if I'm willing to spend 12 why not a little more for a bigger machine that I KNOW will tackle any job I can throw at it in the future? Sorry for the long response just don't want to get something and then regret it.

The flip side of the power, lift capacity and general utility of the B2620 is that it's heavier and has a larger frame and wheelbase than the BX series, so maneuverability is better on the BX than the B. For my yard, I'd hate to have a B series because we have a lot of corners and nooks and serpentine flower bed edges, and the BX would be easier to mow with and would get into tighter spaces, and would compact my soil less.

So, if it's main use was mowing and the other tasks were secondary, I'd take the BX. On the other hand, if mowing was secondary and the FEL work, snow removal and/or other uses were the main use, I'd go with the B series.