Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on?

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #21  
Don't start backpeddlin' now. :laughing:

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #22  
Yeah, I'm still readin'. :D

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on?
Isn't there a typical "Deere Season" sale that comes up each spring?

I'm going to make a couple calls on Monday, but it looks like I might not find another new 740/7I

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #24  
Isn't there a typical "Deere Season" sale that comes up each spring?

I'm going to make a couple calls on Monday, but it looks like I might not find another new 740/7I

Why not just pick up a used 2011 or 2012 with 50 or so hours on it? There are plenty out there to be had. Especially now that the new models are out. If you can't find exactly what you want, wait a month or two, if this auto connect deck is a hit, I think there will be plenty of used 2012's to pick from.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #25  
On deere.com buy online they are still showing that most models are still available for 2012, I know I saw the x748E, 748 and 749 are all listed and think the 740 is also. Whether you buy online or not that tells me that most models are still in the pipeline.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #26  
Why not just pick up a used 2011 or 2012 with 50 or so hours on it? There are plenty out there to be had. Especially now that the new models are out. If you can't find exactly what you want, wait a month or two, if this auto connect deck is a hit, I think there will be plenty of used 2012's to pick from.

He is definitely right.

I would guess that within 2 to 3 months, there will be tons of 2010, 2011, and 2012 models being traded in on new 2013 X7s. You could likely find a low hour machine in near new condition and save yourself thousands of dollars.

This can be a bit easier said than done. Most have the yellow mower decks. While I like the yellow, I want the HC deck. Additionally, about everything on the Tractor House online lookup is listed for more than what we just paid for a new unit with incentives. It seems the used market does not take the iuncentives into account in their pricing.

I'm not in desperate need and was thinking of waiting for the programs to come around for the new Signature series. Tempted by an ultra clean low hours 2007 model 740 for $6500 but it too has the yellow deck.

The used machine with 50 hrs is a tough call. I guess there are people that trade every year, but hard to gauge their level of care and common sense. On the one hand, the previous owner could be the most particular and caring person that washes and stores clean and dry. That person will probably keep the machine. The other hand is the person that knows the machine is "going down the road" and just uses it like a tool putting minimal TLC into equipment.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #28  
The used machine with 50 hrs is a tough call. I guess there are people that trade every year, but hard to gauge their level of care and common sense. On the one hand, the previous owner could be the most particular and caring person that washes and stores clean and dry. That person will probably keep the machine. The other hand is the person that knows the machine is "going down the road" and just uses it like a tool putting minimal TLC into equipment.

Yep... quite true. But, you could run those machines for 50 hours and never get even close to them with a grease gun, etc. and they'll be fine; A-OK. You pick up on the maintenance slack and just keep on rollin'! :thumbsup:

AKfish

I called dealer this morning and he figures he may still be able to find me one, just needs time to look. From what I understand, most of these late model low hours units are often employee discount purchases. That said, the late model x740's listed are all priced at as much or more than what I got Ma's unit for and they don't even have the 7 iron deck. I'll hold out for a bit and see what develops. My 455 has another 16+ years left in it I'm sure. This year I do need to replace the wheels and probably should do a set of spindle bearings. First ever for either of those items. I changed teh belt a couple of years back, but even that would have been fine for years.

/ Buying x740 versus new x750 what am I missing out on? #30  
Not sure if you want to travel or ship but you could check places like tractorhouse.

I am actually kind of surprised how quickly all the 2012's have sold. I know these are popular machines, but they are extremely pricey. My in-laws thought I was insane when they seen my X740. They heard I bought a tractor, and than they look at my X740 and go "that...that's your tractor?" The price tag is huge but it's the best mower/garden tractor around, well worth it if you have property. I have 2.5 acres to mow twice a week 6 months of the year, I want comfort and capability.

Last week I was in my dealership picking up the accessories that were part of my X740 deal, and there was a guy in the showroom looking for a 2012 X700 series machine. He also wanted an X740 and they had none left anywhere in all the dealerships they own across 2 Provinces. I don't know what some dealerships are like, but I heard the quote he gave the guy on an X750, and my dealer is DEFINITELY not discounting the new machines. Seems foolish to me. If I was a Salesman I would want to move large amounts of new inventory to make the dealership look good. Holding out for customers who will pay MSRP is insanity.