/ BX 22 Storage Barn
Another View

Attachments

• 421654-Picture 015.jpg
    421654-Picture 015.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 336
   / BX 22 Storage Barn #33  
Greg:

Very nice looking building! When I build again, I may be building one similar to yours now that I've seen what it would look like. My 4 bay is just not big enough anymore. Keep up the good work. G

/ BX 22 Storage Barn #34  
Greg, nice job, from the looks of the materials and quality of work, that building will stand through a major hurricane.

/ BX 22 Storage Barn #35  
Looking good. You should be proud. Enjoy your new building.

/ BX 22 Storage Barn #36  
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ooooooh, Now I'm jealous. 'Gotta start thinkin' how I can rationalize this expenditure to the wife.

/ BX 22 Storage Barn #37  
VERY nice job Greg! I see the building inspector is still lurking on the premise.

John

/ BX 22 Storage Barn #38  
Nice job, but I now hate you, Greg. My wife wants me to build one of these NOW NOW NOW!!!! Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Seriously, did you use a commercial drawing package for the design of the building, or did you just "roll your own"?

regards,

Mahlon

/ BX 22 Storage Barn
Mahlon,

Thanks for you interest in my barn project. The basic design for the building is from a barn that is sold at HOME DEPOT. They come to your site and build it. My improved version has a shed on the side and a 1 Foot knee wall on the second floor to increase the head room. I think the roof pitch on mine is different as well.

I would like to take credit for the design modifications, but they are the work of a friend who is a master caprenter who can build anything most anything without having a set of plans. I just verbally described what I wanted to him and he figured the material in his head and wrote the list down.

He said the roof angle shoud be 22.5 degrees to look best and we built a trial rafter and stood it up and and it looked classically proportioned for a Gambrel roof so we stayed with that design.

If you have a Home Depot near you they may carry a similar building for you to get a idea from. I am always looking to steal someones basic design an improve upon it for my own purposes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greg

/ BX 22 Storage Barn #40  
Great looking building Greg! If you dont mind my asking, how much $$ for the overall materials to date? I need to build something myself and I am trying to get an idea about the budget amount for a similiar sized structure.

John