BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one?

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #21  
Email sent, thanks

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one?
How about this one? Fits almost any size ROPS. Mounts inside, outside, cross tractor. Left side version, right side version available. Water resistant "ammo can" pops out and lets you interchange another box with tools you need for a different task.
Available now. Email us contact@bxpanded.com for specifics and details.

Looks like a decent solution at a decent price. I'm already locked in on a Kubota one though.

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #23  
I'm working in mounting this box to the ROPS.

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #24  
Ah ah, you will have to fabricate a wheelie bar as well!

Here's the post after receiving my new BX optional toolbox. I purchased from Messicks. To order you have to call and order. You won't find it on their website or any other. The price of the box is $65 plus shipping. If you're within their 100 mile halo I believe you can have it direct shipped and that will save you a little money because they will only ship it once.

So here's the pics:

As packaged
20150217_172235 (Large).jpg

13-1/2" at the widest point and at least 13" at the narrowest
20150217_172620 (Large).jpg

Just about 4-1/2" deep
20150217_172725 (Large).jpg

Right about 2-1/2" in internal height at the shallowest point. 3" at the deepest.
20150217_172748 (Large).jpg20150217_172757 (Large).jpg

The bracket is pretty heavy duty especially for what's bolted to it. There are nuts welded to the bracket so you don't need to tighten the bolt and hold the nut with another wrench.
20150217_173257 (Large).jpg

Bolted to the tractor
20150217_175432 (Large).jpg20150217_175407 (Large).jpg20150217_175353 (Large).jpg20150217_175730 (Large).jpg

The bolts that hold the box to the bracket are probably intended to be 13mm, but a 1/2" socket fits tighter. Both will work because you won't be cranking too hard anyway. The U-bolt nuts were 15mm. I was able to install the first U-bolt with no problem, but the second one was bent in too much. I threw it in the vise and fixed that problem.

After installing the toolbox I sat on the seat to see if my arms would touch. With my hands on my thighs and arms bent I wasn't touching it even with my big Carhartt coat on.

This toolbox is intended to be installed on the left side on the outside of the ROPS. You could install it on the inside of the ROPS or even on the right side. Installing on the right side you might block access to the fuel tank if you use a fuel can to fill the tank.

If you have any more questions about this toolbox ask away.

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #27  
Nice addition.
So I thought at first should it open while you are sitting on the seat. That configuration would work if you only put gloves and safety glasses. But if you are using tools that would be cumbersome.
I also thought logically it should be installed on the right side because the fel stick makes it a little harder to get on/off on that side, might as well install it there too. So on the left is it in the way to get on and off?

Nice addition.
So I thought at first should it open while you are sitting on the seat. That configuration would work if you only put gloves and safety glasses. But if you are using tools that would be cumbersome.
I also thought logically it should be installed on the right side because the fel stick makes it a little harder to get on/off on that side, might as well install it there too. So on the left is it in the way to get on and off?

The only way you get on and off the tractor is the left side because the FEL lever is in the way.

The reason to to install it on the left side is because it would make it near impossible to refill the fuel tank using a gas can. If refilling from a fuel barrel the nozzle probably would fit under the toolbox without a problem.

As far as the orientation facing in or out is how you plan to use it. For hand tools I probably will be standing on the ground. If it was gloves and safety glasses I might face it in towards the seat. It's two bolts to change it the other way.

Check out Paul Short's videos on YouTube. He has one on both sides of his ROPS.

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #29  
Thanks for sharing the dimensions jjsjeff! Yeah when I saw one in person I was a bit turned off by the inside height. Not much volume. I do like the BXpanded version will go that route or fab my own. I want to store chains as well as some std tools, pins, gloves, first aid kits, etc.

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #30  
Here is the tool box I made.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    607.2 KB · Views: 3,518