BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one?

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #1  

xzcVAbc5

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I looked at a bunch of old threads on here about toolboxes for tractors, but haven't noticed any of the optional BX toolbox kits. I even had a hard time turning any pictures up on the internet of people that have them. So I'm wondering does anyone have one? How big is it?

A diagram of what I'm talking about:
Capture.JPG

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #2  
Yes, Ihave one actually a couple, I purchased one for My BX then ordered one up for My ZD332 there isn't a whole lot of room, but enough for gloves, pins that are used frequently, bushing etc. I purchased the one for the Zero turn to keep My goggles, Wolf-snout as well as the special Kubota socket sized for the nuts on the blade spindles with the machine so I don't have to hunt for it when it is blade maintenance time as I have a bad habit of putting things someplace then spending a week looking for them,,( early onset Alzheimers? or just too many things going on at once. I just found the charger for My Lincoln Grease gun the other day, had been searching for that for a couple of weeks...lol)
Back to the tool boxes they are reasonably priced, take 10 minutes to install, and only go onto the left side. I remember seeing a thread on here of converting it to a right hand side enabling one on each side almost like a set of arm-rests. Thread by Paul Short I believe. For the money a person could make his own, but in My mind these are fast easy and do their job. One could easily up-size the box size I guess and just utilize the mount.

Cheers

Roger

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #3  
I posted a thread about them as well. I wonder what the complete cost is for the entire bolt on kit.

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #4  
Your best bet would be to give your dealer a call, I'm sure there is a price difference between Canada and US. One of the down sides of My local dealer I find, is they never seem to have any of these "goodies" in stock or on display, a lot of the items I have questioned them about they didn't even know they were available, like Kubota seat covers that actually are made to fit the seats etc. I have told them time after time "that if they build it, they will come" Meaning if they were to have the items on display and even perhaps mounted on a unit in the show-room they will enhance their sales... But what do I know,,,I'm just a customer.....

Cheers

Roger

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #5  
Just figure out a way to mount a 2x4 and use a couple of brackets to hold the toolbox. I did this with my carry-all and a DIY box, but you can do the same thing by hanging a DIY or pre-made tool box on/over some aspect of your tractor. Affix (via U-bolts or other clamping method) a piece of wood or aluminum horizontally between the ROPS uprights, and then use that to attach (permanently or temporarily) the tool box (again, a DIY type or something from Home Depot/Lowes/Snap-On/etc).

see
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/207985-carryall-your-carryall.html

wrooster

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #6  
I have added a behind the seat toolbox to a couple of my Kubotas, and used this Craftsman both times... it worked out well, is waterproof, and just the right size.
Sears.com

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #7  
P4060016.JPG Kept it simple.

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #8  
Its very low tech but this is pretty close to what I'm using:

Voyager Bag

I think I have the 7" version, and it fits perfectly right behind the seat of my BX, in that open area where the seat release is. Its cheap, and has never fallen off the tractor, despite my repeated attempts to unseat everything hitting bumps at speed or taking on ugly slopes. :thumbsup: Sometimes simple is better.

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one? #9  
Its very low tech but this is pretty close to what I'm using:

Voyager Bag

I think I have the 7" version, and it fits perfectly right behind the seat of my BX, in that open area where the seat release is. Its cheap, and has never fallen off the tractor, despite my repeated attempts to unseat everything hitting bumps at speed or taking on ugly slopes. :thumbsup: Sometimes simple is better.

Totally agree. I used a small zippered tool bag that tucks behind the seat too. It was worked for everything I think I need to have on-board and I re-stock it with winter tools, sheer pins. etc for the snow blower in the winter months. IMO anything else just gets in the way.

/ BX Optional Toolbox? Anyone have one?
I bit the bullet and ended up ordering the Kubota bolt-on toolbox. It is Kubota Wholegoods P/N BX3058. I'll do a review of it and post plenty of pictures and measurements in case anyone else is interested. For the price it would seem like Kubota could sell one of these for at least every other BX if they would just make an effort to tell people about it.

Give me at least a week for another update. The dealer I ordered from yesterday said it would be two days to get it to them and at least a couple days to get it to me since I was outside of their 100 mile halo. They gave me the impression that if I was within 100 miles they could have it direct shipped from Kubota Wholegoods.