Comparison BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #71  
I wouldn't call the Max28 a SCUT. In my mind, it's definitely a CUT just like the B-series Kubotas. If you call a Max28 a SCUT, then the smaller B-series Kubotas also have to be SCUTs. And NOBODY that I know of considers them to be SCUTs. This discussion makes me happy that I own a BX23, a BX2660 and a Kioti DK50SE. There's no debate about the classification of the tractors I own. I will sleep well tonight with that knowledge and assurance. ;) :D

B series Kubota's were the machines that defined the concept of CUT.

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #73  
I give up. You CLEARLY don't get it and I'm done trying to explain. Your claim that there was only approximately 100lbs difference in weight between the 1025 and LS was proven incorrect. The weight difference is more like 500lbs.

I was only ever comparing the LS to other SCUTs. I never compared the LS to any other CUTs.

I've certainly nade my point and don't have time to waste going back and worth with you any further. Goodnight.

Yeah, talk about not getting it. I was talking about the weight of the base tractor when I said it was 100lbs and change....that difference isn't in question. Sure, the LS loader is heavier than the Deere loader, but it still doesn't change what class the tractor is in. The tractors in question are about the same size and about the same weight....not in question.

I never said you were comparing the J to a CUT. I simply pointed out that the J doesn't compare to CUTs. It compares to SCUTs. There's a reason why LS and New Holland call that machine a "small chassis compact" and actually show it under the heading of "sub-compact" tractors when you look at their websites....because it's not really a CUT. CUTs are bigger, weigh more, and don't have the same footprint that SCUTs do.

Even you agreed that the J has the same general footprint as common SCUTs....that pretty much says it all.

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #74  
You guys are spinning your wheels at this point... especially with relevancy to what the OP was hoping to learn. But maybe not... he could be a ********* too! :laughing:

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #75  
You guys are spinning your wheels at this point... especially with relevancy to what the OP was hoping to learn. But maybe not... he could be a ********* too! :laughing:

Are those spinning wheels R1s, R4s, or turfs; loaded or not; how much ballast and is there a diff lock?

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs
I think you are right -- all of these tractors are good units, and the "quality" issue isn't a major driver across the major brands. All will have a lemon or two every now and then, but all also have their strong advocates.

For me, it came down to features that I wanted... specifically:

- Split brake pedals for the left/right
- Position control instead of a quarter-inching valve
- A quick attach mid-mount mower with drive-over (not enough room in the garage for side-loading units)
- Full category 1 hitch versus "limited Cat 1" so that I could still use a "tall" implement like a post hole digger
- The "feel" of the cockpit and controls when I was test driving them

Other things like hydraulic GPM flow and FEL break-out force were obviously different across the machines I looked at as well, but these weren't the MUST-HAVE differences that I based my decision on. For me, the Deere 2320 won out on the must-have features, so that's what I went with. But I would have probably been happy with the quality and performance of any of the others that I looked at as well -- just some didn't have my "must have" list above.

Great comments from so many people on this thread. Just wanted to share the latest I got from my local Kubota guy when I told him I was considering the GC 1705. He was very gracious, but being a Bota guy, pointed out the following advantages over the MF:

-Kubota's 3 point hitch lifts a little bit more

-Kubota has 2" more ground clearance

-Kubota has a 12" shorter turning radius

-Kubota's loader lifts 67 lbs more to full height

-Kubota's bucket rollback & dump angles are greater

-Kubota's standard warranty is 3 years/2000 hours

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #78  
All of this comparison w/ the Ls 2023 & JD 1025 r- I think your missing the REAL #s Like lift capacity : LS loader lift is 1270 lbs. JD loader lift: 836 lbs. LS 3 pt. lift is 1433 lbs. JD 3pt. lift is 681 lbs. LS price is $12,500 JD price is $16,500. Those are some very big differences.
Yeah, talk about not getting it. I was talking about the weight of the base tractor when I said it was 100lbs and change....that difference isn't in question. Sure, the LS loader is heavier than the Deere loader, but it still doesn't change what class the tractor is in. The tractors in question are about the same size and about the same weight....not in question.

I never said you were comparing the J to a CUT. I simply pointed out that the J doesn't compare to CUTs. It compares to SCUTs. There's a reason why LS and New Holland call that machine a "small chassis compact" and actually show it under the heading of "sub-compact" tractors when you look at their websites....because it's not really a CUT. CUTs are bigger, weigh more, and don't have the same footprint that SCUTs do.

Even you agreed that the J has the same general footprint as common SCUTs....that pretty much says it all.

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #79  
Great comments from so many people on this thread. Just wanted to share the latest I got from my local Kubota guy when I told him I was considering the GC 1705. He was very gracious, but being a Bota guy, pointed out the following advantages over the MF:

-Kubota's 3 point hitch lifts a little bit more

-Kubota has 2" more ground clearance

-Kubota has a 12" shorter turning radius

-Kubota's loader lifts 67 lbs more to full height

-Kubota's bucket rollback & dump angles are greater

-Kubota's standard warranty is 3 years/2000 hours

That's a sneaky dealer! Yes, the Kubota has 67lbs more lift capacity to full height, but that full height is 1.7" lower. That means the two loaders are essentially identical. Measured to the same lift height, the Massey could even be a couple of pounds better than the Kubota (but not enough worth worrying about).

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #80  
That's a sneaky dealer! Yes, the Kubota has 67lbs more lift capacity to full height, but that full height is 1.7" lower. That means the two loaders are essentially identical. Measured to the same lift height, the Massey could even be a couple of pounds better than the Kubota (but not enough worth worrying about).

You're late to the party LOL