Comparison BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #61  
Go to the link for green tractor talk and you'll see. A member with a 1025R weighed the bucket and loader separately and posted a photo of the scale measurement. It's plain as day the loader without a bucket weighs 305 lbs.

And you still keep on about this Mahindra deal. Give that a rest already. It's obvious the CUT class has a very broad range. Park a B series Kubota or CK series Kioti next to that Mahindra and they will look the about the same as the LS. Yet the B and CK are also considered CUTs. Obviously the J and B Kubotas are the smallest examples of CUTs while your Mahindra is likely the largest example. Nobody is trying to say they are similar in size. The CUT category is just as wide as the UT category. There are small and large examples in that category also.

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #62  
Park a B series Kubota or CK series Kioti next to that Mahindra and they will look about the same as the LS. Yet the B and CK are also considered CUTs. Obviously the J and B Kubotas are the smallest examples of CUTs while your Mahindra is likely the largest example.

You took the words right out of my mouth. That said, whoever could call my B2920 whatever but it will not change its capabilities and I will still like my tractor just as much. My neighbor first implied I bought a really big lawn mower. :laughing: That could be considered worse than calling it a SCUT.

I wonder if a separate class between SCUT and CUT would settle this. SemiSCUT....JrCUT.....Nah, then that would just be one less thing we could argue about.

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #63  
I remember some discussion about the Mahindra MAX 28 being a SCUT. I think it is one.

The MAX 28 has a bigger footprint and more horsepower than the LS J2023h.

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #64  
This is interesting. It looks like Mahindra doesn't even consider the 3016 a CUT. I would have. They call it a Mid-CUT. There's your class between SCUT and CUT. Other than two syllables I like it. Don't shoot the messenger 3016 owners.

View by HP | Mahindra

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #65  
to the link for green tractor talk and you'll see. A member with a 1025R weighed the bucket and loader separately and posted a photo of the scale measurement. It's plain as day the loader without a bucket weighs 305 lbs.

The loader weight doesn't change anything....even using your figure, the weight difference isn't a huge factor, especially when a lot of it is in the wheels/tires and not the actual machine.

And you still keep on about this Mahindra deal. Give that a rest already. It's obvious the CUT class has a very broad range. Park a B series Kubota or CK series Kioti next to that Mahindra and they will look the about the same as the LS. Yet the B and CK are also considered CUTs. Obviously the J and B Kubotas are the smallest examples of CUTs while your Mahindra is likely the largest example. Nobody is trying to say they are similar in size. The CUT category is just as wide as the UT category. There are small and large examples in that category also.

I see you've changed your position again. So, now you're saying that the CUT and Utility class machines can have a wide range of sizes and capabilities, but SCUTs can't? Yeah, that makes total sense to nobody at all.

Your J has a very similar footprint as many of the SCUTs mentioned in this thread, and only weighs a couple hundred pounds more, but somehow it really should be classified into a group of tractors that go all the way up to 6,500lb monsters. :confused2:

Sorry, but that really just sounds like someone's ego is tied up with the class tractor they own rather than any objective opinion.

Two-range transmission, optional MMM, and light enough most CUTs can lift it on their FEL = SCUT.

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #66  
I remember some discussion about the Mahindra MAX 28 being a SCUT. I think it is one.

Yep, that's always the companion debate. They call it a "Mid Cut" which is actually a misnomer, and makes no sense. A Mid Cut would mean it was in the middle of the CUT class, not half way between SCUT and CUT.

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #67  
Maybe we just need to use the boxing classifications for all small tractors. Flyweight, Bantamweight, Middleweight, Light Heavyweight, Heavyweight and YoMamma.

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #68  
Maybe we just need to use the boxing classifications for all small tractors. Flyweight, Bantamweight, Middleweight, Light Heavyweight, Heavyweight and YoMamma.

Nice :thumbsup:

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #69  

I wouldn't call the Max28 a SCUT. In my mind, it's definitely a CUT just like the B-series Kubotas. If you call a Max28 a SCUT, then the smaller B-series Kubotas also have to be SCUTs. And NOBODY that I know of considers them to be SCUTs.

This discussion makes me happy that I own a BX23, a BX2660 and a Kioti DK50SE. There's no debate about the classification of the tractors I own. I will sleep well tonight with that knowledge and assurance. ;) :D

/ BX vs GC vs LS J-series SCUTs #70  
I give up. You CLEARLY don't get it and I'm done trying to explain. Your claim that there was only approximately 100lbs difference in weight between the 1025 and LS was proven incorrect. The weight difference is more like 500lbs.

I was only ever comparing the LS to other SCUTs. I never compared the LS to any other CUTs.

I've certainly nade my point and don't have time to waste going back and worth with you any further. Goodnight.