BX2230 Running Issue

/ BX2230 Running Issue #11  
Radioman is on to something,most problems are from Air or Fuel.In the past I have run into this problem several times.Is there any water in fuel?Is your airway is clear [filters and such] if no water and air passage is good you most likly have a blocked fuel tank or line somewhere.Just had a freind whose Kubota ZTR was acting the same ended up removing fuel tank completly to clean and resolve his problem.Check for kinked lines,you can remove line from rear filter on tank side and blow some air back thru there, not to much presure 30psi and have cap off,sometimes after this tractor will run fine for short time untill junk in tank reblocks hole.still need to clean tank. good luck keep us posted

/ BX2230 Running Issue #12  
I have had that 100% EXACT thing happen with my tractor. It started about halfway through last season and persisted until the beginning of this. It would do it maybe 10 times in a mow. Even completely stalled once. For some reason, it did it more mowing than FEL or BH work. More load on the engine amplified the momentary lapse of power, I guess. Dunno.

I started doing two things:

1) Use fuel conditioner. Soaks up the water.

2) Don't let fuel hang around in plastic cans in the garage...especially half-full. Condensation forms in the can and helps with the water problem. Since I can run about 10 hours on 5 gallons, I go buy my fuel when I'm down to about 1/2 to 1/4 tank and put it in soon thereafter.

I have no clue if the second thing helps, but since I started paying attention to making sure I minimize the possibility for water in my fuel, the problem has not repeated itself.

/ BX2230 Running Issue #13  
billy S- how did things go for you ?

/ BX2230 Running Issue
I did add Heet and Power Service to the fuel but haven't really had a chance to test it. I did use the tractor a bit this past weekend and it did act up a couple of times. I plan to mow tonite. That will be the real test.

Thanks for all the responses.

/ BX2230 Running Issue
Follow up.

For some reason that makes no sense to me, the Heet seems to have done the trick. Knock on wood.

Thanks for the advice guys.

/ BX2230 Running Issue #17  
Follow up.

For some reason that makes no sense to me, the Heet seems to have done the trick. Knock on wood.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Good to hear it worked; always did for me.

/ BX2230 Running Issue
I knew I shouldn't have said anything. It actually died twice on me while I was mowing last night.

/ BX2230 Running Issue #19  
I had to run a couple of tanks through mine to get it to completely clear up, if that doesn't do it, I am at a loss.

/ BX2230 Running Issue #20  
have you tried running air in the hose to back flush before filter going into the tank yet ?