BX2230 Running Issue

/ BX2230 Running Issue #41  
Should my fuel line be moving more fluid then this?

Definitely. And 160 hours is sorta pitifully low for a 4 year old machine. I'm betting you got a scum booger (algae) in the tank. Blow air up the fuel line and see if it speeds up, if only for a minute.

/ BX2230 Running Issue #42  
Yeah, it only 140 hours on it when I bought it. I put 20 hours on it in a couple of weeks. So only 140 hours on it in 4 years is pretty low. Suggest it sat alot. I do alot of my own work on my motorcycle and not running them is about the worst thing you can do to them. It seemed to be in great condition otherwise which is the reason I bought it.

I drained the tank last night. I have ran both onroad and offroad in it from multiple sources and it gave me the same results so not sure I can blame bad fuel from my part but who knows how about the fuel that was in it when I bought it. I really think my fuel line isn't providing enough fuel. I could have swap fuel filters without getting much if any dsl on me. That's how slow it was comming out. So my plain tonight it to try the compressed air thing and see if that helps with flow. If it helps with flow, should I consider removing my tank and clean it? Is there another way to inspect/clean the tank without removing it. Any ideas?

/ BX2230 Running Issue #43  
If it helps, I would do what ever it takes to try to clean it out. If it sat for along time, there could be algae in the lines, so replacing them too will be your only other option.

I don't know if running a fuel conditioner through the tank would help to resolve this or not. A lot of the fuel conditioners also have solvent in them, so maybe double dosing a tank with one might actually help without tearing the thing apart. Maybe if you can get it to run opk for a while and run a few tankfuls through with the conditioner it might clean it up and repair the issue if it hasn't gone critical yet.

/ BX2230 Running Issue #44  
megboz plan seems to have some merit to it. However the tank needs to be nearly full for the "solvent" to work so it will work on all sides of the irregular tank.

I do not know of any other way to try to clean the tank, and I dread thinking about it. I would rather get a bottle of the green diesel kleen from power service and just dump that in and let it work its own magic. I would change the filters again after a couple diesel tanks of the cleaner.

I really don't think its an algae issue. Op stated he filled and refilled it with fresh feul. I think either the line is plugged or the pump is bad.

/ BX2230 Running Issue #45  
Guys, I drained my fuel tank and pumped about 30psi thought the fuel line closest to the tank with the fuel cap off. It's the fuel line that was barely giving me any fuel. After the blast of air, I put some more fuel in the tank and the flow out of the fuel line was alot better, I mean it flowed like you think it should instead of this wimpy little stream of fuel. So I think the outlet to my tank or maybe that part of the fuel line was clogged. I also just went ahead and replaced the filter since it looked like it needed it. I'm going try and double-dose a full tank or two with some conditioner or something and pray that blast of air I gave it blew apart the gunk into small enough peices that it doesn't clog the line and instead gets trapped in the new filter. I will then replaced the filter again after a few full tanks of conditioned fuel, once I think the issue has resolved itself.

I will say I took it out for a quick run and it seems to just run better. Smoother idle etc...May just be wishful thinking though...

/ BX2230 Running Issue #46  
Guys, I drained my fuel tank and pumped about 30psi thought the fuel line closest to the tank with the fuel cap off. It's the fuel line that was barely giving me any fuel. After the blast of air, I put some more fuel in the tank and the flow out of the fuel line was alot better, I mean it flowed like you think it should instead of this wimpy little stream of fuel. So I think the outlet to my tank or maybe that part of the fuel line was clogged. I also just went ahead and replaced the filter since it looked like it needed it. I'm going try and double-dose a full tank or two with some conditioner or something and pray that blast of air I gave it blew apart the gunk into small enough peices that it doesn't clog the line and instead gets trapped in the new filter. I will then replaced the filter again after a few full tanks of conditioned fuel, once I think the issue has resolved itself.

I will say I took it out for a quick run and it seems to just run better. Smoother idle etc...May just be wishful thinking though...

Next time you change the filter, you just might out of couriosity run a pip cleaner in the line and see if it comes out clean.

Also, Bio-diesel is a great solvent as well. However, certain tractors have limitations on what grade can be ran, so check the owners manual as the solvent action could foul up the injectors and/or other seals.

If it is getting better fuel flow it will run better/quieter and feel smoother.

Wouldn't one of those little camera's on a stick benice to have to look down in there? I think I might see a reason for a new toy now.:D Glad it seems better.

/ BX2230 Running Issue #47  
Glad to hear you are making some headway with this. From what I've seen, that little 3 cyl. diesel in the BX really wants to run... to the point you almost can't kill it. Hopefully when the fuel delivery issue is sorted out, your BX will run like it should.

/ BX2230 Running Issue #48  
AWESOME! :thumbsup: you are now getting somewhere. Since you replaced the feul filters, keep an eye out on the color in the filter. If it looks slimy or dark, not the diesel color, then its time to put in biocide in it. Like I said before, turn 2 full tanks of biocide and then change the filter. You should be having it clean by now. From this point on, because of the current problems, you will need to treat your feul from now on for awhile like the gray bottle of power service for summer till winter and switch to white.