BX25D?

/ BX25D? #12  
You'll want something back there for ballast. The hoe certainly fits that bill when it's on. For the other times, I'd recommend a 4 foot box blade instead of a ballast box. In my experience, it's heavy enough to provide adequate ballast, and unlike a ballast box, it's also extremely useful as a tool in its own right. They can be a little pricey if bought new in some places, but you may well find a nice deal on a used one if you keep an eye on Craigslist.

/ BX25D? #13  
If you're concerned about tire choice, to add the other set of tires to your package will add less than $400 (with rims!) to your package price due to the Kubota whole goods program.
Then you can put the turfs on when the lawn gets soft in the fall, & the r4s can go back on when things firm up after spring.
Turfs are said to do better in the snow anyway.

/ BX25D? #14  
If you get to spinning the R4 tires dig in faster than turf. Some people buy 2 sets of tires for a BX. I forgot to say that the loader blocks your headlights so that is why you need additional lights.

I don't care for wheel weights. I had a set on my mower and they would have fit the BX but I let them go with the mower. The wheel weights stick out past the wheel and can get caught on stuff. I also don't care for the looks of them. I got fluid in my BXs rear tires. You have the weight but can't tell it is there. I am not sure if you can get fluid in the tires of a BX25D.

Instead of a ballast box get a implement like a box blade that you can do something with. Most people get a ballast box and fill it with concrete. You can get a drawbar, drawbar stabilizer, plywood, and concrete and make your own ballast for less than a ballast box.

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

/ BX25D?
You'll want something back there for ballast. The hoe certainly fits that bill when it's on. For the other times, I'd recommend a 4 foot box blade instead of a ballast box. In my experience, it's heavy enough to provide adequate ballast, and unlike a ballast box, it's also extremely useful as a tool in its own right. They can be a little pricey if bought new in some places, but you may well find a nice deal on a used one if you keep an eye on Craigslist.
Great advice on the box blade! Thanks. It looks like I could get something new in the $500 - $600 range, so used should be a viable option.

/ BX25D?
If you're concerned about tire choice, to add the other set of tires to your package will add less than $400 (with rims!) to your package price due to the Kubota whole goods program.
Then you can put the turfs on when the lawn gets soft in the fall, & the r4s can go back on when things firm up after spring.
Turfs are said to do better in the snow anyway.

I am unaware of the "whole goods program," but having two sets of tires may make sense. Turfs with chains in the snow?

/ BX25D?
If you get to spinning the R4 tires dig in faster than turf. Some people buy 2 sets of tires for a BX. I forgot to say that the loader blocks your headlights so that is why you need additional lights.

I don't care for wheel weights. I had a set on my mower and they would have fit the BX but I let them go with the mower. The wheel weights stick out past the wheel and can get caught on stuff. I also don't care for the looks of them. I got fluid in my BXs rear tires. You have the weight but can't tell it is there. I am not sure if you can get fluid in the tires of a BX25D.

Instead of a ballast box get a implement like a box blade that you can do something with. Most people get a ballast box and fill it with concrete. You can get a drawbar, drawbar stabilizer, plywood, and concrete and make your own ballast for less than a ballast box.

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

Thanks! A box blade seems to be the ticket. I'm still all over the place in my own mind on the tires considering loader jobs, plowing and mowing.

/ BX25D? #18  
Doubt you'll even need chains, but if you do, you'll also need wheel spacers for the rears because of clearance issues.

/ BX25D?
Here's a question if I'm putting mowing back on the table: How difficult is it to attach/detach the mowing deck? I've heard it's a bear.