BX25D?

/ BX25D? #22  
Here is how fast it can be removed.

It can be reinstalled in under a minute.

/ BX25D?
Here is how the deck comes off

Wow. That doesn't appear to be the huge PIA some have made it out to be. I'm thinking this machine may be my primary mower too then. Which of course begs the question of which deck to get. :)

/ BX25D? #24  
Wow. That doesn't appear to be the huge PIA some have made it out to be. I'm thinking this machine may be my primary mower too then.

When you say some do you mean John Deere:D

Which of course begs the question of which deck to get. :)

I have the 54" regular deck. I think the 60" deck would be better because it would stick out past the tractor more.

Here is I a picture of my grass after it was mowed with the BX. My grass is not the best and this was my last mowing for the year.

20131109_122506_zps1cf83756.jpg

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TractorByNet

/ BX25D? #25  
Thoughts on ballast box and/or wheel weights?

I am right over on Islesboro. Bought my BX25 a year ago in Union for 11 acres of similar work.
The ag tires do mark the lawn soil when it is wet, but not intolerably so, unless you are looking for a pristine lawn. then you could get turf tires and buy chains for rouger and snow. Listen to the dealer recommendations.
There are faster better mowers for that specialty area of lawn/garden work, but I think it is an excellent mower, just not a specialized one.
I have never been disappointed with the power of the machine except when lifting more than 600# with the loader. The backhoe is exceptional!
I have a woods tiller, forks for the loader, a rake as well. For plowing, I use my one ton truck, but the loader does a lot of cleanup too.

I bought the ballast box with intent of using as a tool carrier but have yet to use it. I usually have the backhoe mounted when in the woods.

The only complaint is the seat. Too many safety controls make it hard to operate.

/ BX25D? #26  
"when the lawn gets soft in the fall,"
LOL, here on the coast of Maine. the turf is softer in the spring

/ BX25D? #27  
Tractor supply has several boxes for decent price new

/ BX25D? #28  
Here's a question if I'm putting mowing back on the table: How difficult is it to attach/detach the mowing deck? I've heard it's a bear.

After the first time, I can do it in 15-20minutes. If I had a smooth driveway or concrete pad, it would be less. Very easy.

/ BX25D? #29  
In that tube vid, He does not rotate the scalp wheels 90° which makes it easier to scoot the deck out from under

/ BX25D? #30  
I went with the 54" because of more uneven lawns and a few narrow spots between trees and landscape items. The 60" is better for flat spots and golf course type lawns, IMO