BX2750D Snowblower chute actuator project

/ BX2750D Snowblower chute actuator project #13  
mjribeiro, like tiredguy, I've been contemplating the same modification. In fact, I was zeroing in on the same actuator that you used and like you, I was thinking of rear mounting. Your side mounting job was beautifully executed :thumbsup:; thank you for the blueprint. Please report back after a good test (if it ever snows again) to let us know how it worked.

Dean

/ BX2750D Snowblower chute actuator project #14  
I don't even have a blower (yet) and I was curious how it worked. I've seen quite a few mods here with electric and hydraulic. I can't help but wonder if an actuator on one side is in danger of bending up one side should the other side lock up for some reason. :confused:

Otherwise :cloud9:

/ BX2750D Snowblower chute actuator project #15  
Just purchased my rocker switches from AEI and the Powerlet outlets. I have a GR2707 with the chute rotator/defector kit and did not like the clunky metal toggles that Kubota supplies - this stuff looks much more OEM. Thanks for the tips!

Last edited:
   / BX2750D Snowblower chute actuator project
RaydaKub said:
I don't even have a blower (yet) and I was curious how it worked. I've seen quite a few mods here with electric and hydraulic. I can't help but wonder if an actuator on one side is in danger of bending up one side should the other side lock up for some reason. :confused:

Otherwise :cloud9:

I used lock nuts and Teflon washers on the two 'sliding' joints on the sides. I could see those sides getting loose or tight with a regular nut, but it should stay the same with the lock nut. I will watch that over time.

/ BX2750D Snowblower chute actuator project #18  
I used the same actuator as you did but a slightly different different setup on my B3030:

chute-deflector1.jpg

It does have a tendancy to flop a little in action. You can see what I am talking about in this movie I made and posted on YouTube. I will evaluate how it holds up at the end of the season:

Kubota B3030 HSDC snowblowing Jan 2012 (HD) - YouTube

/ BX2750D Snowblower chute actuator project #19  
smfcpacfp said:
I used the same actuator as you did but a slightly different different setup on my B3030:

It does have a tendancy to flop a little in action. You can see what I am talking about in this movie I made and posted on YouTube. I will evaluate how it holds up at the end of the season:

The flopping can be stopped by putting a bolt and some nylon washers there at your spout pivot (picture below). I put a nylon washer on the outside and in between the chute and the spout. Use a crimped nut (or one with a nylong insert) so you don't have to tighten it very tight and the flopping stops.

My spout moves freely with no stress on the hinge and no wobble.

Attachments

• image-454883813.png
    image-454883813.png
    360.3 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
   / BX2750D Snowblower chute actuator project
smfcpacfp said:

I noticed there is a generous amount of clearance in the hinge assembly. Without the knobs keeping the deflector in place mine has a decent amount of movement even without the actuator. If it really starts to bother me I could put a larger diameter hinge pin in there, or replace the hinge entirely - I'm thinking I can live with it!