Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader?

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader?
Or down a touch to the XU6065

I see the XU5065 but no 6065.

Could someone clarify for me the difference between the different types of shuttle trans? Specifically the ones that you just flick the lever on the side of the steering column to change direction.

Power shuttle
Synchro shuttle
Hydraulic shuttle
Power Reverser (Deere)
others?

Are they all the same from an operator's position?

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #103  
I'll answer Synchro Shuttle and Hydraulic Shuttle.

Synchro is just like changing gears in a synchronized transmission. It won't grind into gear. But you have to push the clutch to perform this task.

Hydraulic can be changed from forward to reverse with no required clutch pedal action. Acts like a torque convertor. I still use my clutch pedal a lot with Hydraulic Shuttle to control the action or to gently move in a direction. But when out in the open and simply wanting to change direction I just use the shuttle lever and the brakes to stop movement.

I think a Power Shuttle and a Hydraulic Shuttle are the same thing??

My little Ford is Synchro requiring clutch pedal action every time I stop/start/change direction. My Kubota is Hydraulic and only requires clutch pedal action if I want delicate control.

Sorry I can't be more help.

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #104  
I'll answer Synchro Shuttle and Hydraulic Shuttle.

Synchro is just like changing gears in a synchronized transmission. It won't grind into gear. But you have to push the clutch to perform this task.

Hydraulic can be changed from forward to reverse with no required clutch pedal action. Acts like a torque convertor. I still use my clutch pedal a lot with Hydraulic Shuttle to control the action or to gently move in a direction. But when out in the open and simply wanting to change direction I just use the shuttle lever and the brakes to stop movement.

I think a Power Shuttle and a Hydraulic Shuttle are the same thing??

My little Ford is Synchro requiring clutch pedal action every time I stop/start/change direction. My Kubota is Hydraulic and only requires clutch pedal action if I want delicate control.

Sorry I can't be more help.
I think you explained the differences very well.

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #105  
Yep that's a good explanation. The JD power reverser is like a hydraulic shuttle, just different name.

Thanks. That helps clear things up.

Makes you wonder why LS would use a non-power shuttle in the P7010. Can't see any reason other than cost to only have a basic synchro

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #107  
   / Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #108  
Thanks. That helps clear things up.

Makes you wonder why LS would use a non-power shuttle in the P7010. Can't see any reason other than cost to only have a basic synchro

Not picking on anyone, just making a point.

Why would truck manufacturers offer a pickup truck with a manual transmission??

There are those here on TBN that will defend synchro shuttle to the end. There are also those here on TBN that would never, ever buy a truck with an auto trans.

It's all about operator preference. The manufacturers are going to fill every little niche with a suitable tractor. And they do that very well. So well that you will see lengthy and heated discussions about which brand is best, even though they are equally equipped.

Not picking on anyone, just making a point.

Why would truck manufacturers offer a pickup truck with a manual transmission??

Point made but who still offers a manual in a full size truck? I haven't seen one in years

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #110  
Point made but who still offers a manual in a full size truck? I haven't seen one in years

Yeah, after I posted that I remembered my Boys talking about Dodge not offering manual trans in their heavy diesels anymore. :eek:

My neighbor has an '07 diesel dually Dodge with a stick.