Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader?

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #111  
According to the LS USA brochure for the P7010C, power shuttle is available. Here's the link to the brochure: http://lstractorusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/P-Series-Brochure.pdf My best friend has this tractor and it's beast! In many ways, I wish I had got this one instead of my U5020C, but mine does everything I want and has a much smaller frame.

Hmmm. You are correct. 40F x 20R with creeper gear. That would be a nice tractor, and looks like it has a lot of useful features such as 3 sets of rear remotes standard and 540/750/1000 PTO.

What is "shiftable ground speed PTO"?

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #112  
The P7010 is NOT available with power shuttle, synchro shuttle only. I have the P7030 CPS which is the 88 HP version with power shuttle. On the brochure the available transmissions are listed directly below the P series numbers. The main website still list the P7030 but hasn't been available for some time. I made the jump to the 7030 from the 7010 to get the power shuttle and 40/20 gears with hi/lo.

These are the last of the Tier III/Tier IV interim tractors and hopefully the tier 4 tractors will be like the Plus series listed on the LS global site that offers power shuttle in all HP versions.

LS Heavy Duty Utility Tractors Plus Series Features | LS Tractor Official Site

Ground speed PTO can be used with some planters, lime spreaders and to drive the wheels of a forestry trailer, giving you drive to the trailer wheels. Great for wet areas but be real careful turning sharply on the road!

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader?
Ground speed PTO can be used with some planters, lime spreaders and to drive the wheels of a forestry trailer, giving you drive to the trailer wheels. Great for wet areas but be real careful turning sharply on the road!

That makes sense, especially the forestry trailer. Never heard of that before but certainly sounds like it could be useful in some circumstances

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #114  
Right.

So if I've got this all straight, Case has options of:
3 stick/foot treadle (no E-hoe)
4 stick/foot treadle (with E-hoe)
Joystick no treadle -- What operates the E-hoe with this one?

I'm not sure this was ever answered completely.

If it's a Case with wobble sticks/joysticks, the E-hoe is controlled by a fore/aft treadle pedal that kind of looks like a throttle pedal on the right side of the control tower. If it has pilot controls/excavator controls, the right side grip has buttons to extend and retract the E-hoe.

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #115  
I'm not sure this was ever answered completely. If it's a Case with wobble sticks/joysticks, the E-hoe is controlled by a fore/aft treadle pedal that kind of looks like a throttle pedal on the right side of the control tower. If it has pilot controls/excavator controls, the right side grip has buttons to extend and retract the E-hoe.

That pretty much sums it up..

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #116  
Yeah, after I posted that I remembered my Boys talking about Dodge not offering manual trans in their heavy diesels anymore. :eek:

My neighbor has an '07 diesel dually Dodge with a stick.

The Ram 2500 and 3500 are both still available with a manual tranny. One may have to select the Cummins diesel options, but it is available.

P.S. I have syndrome shuttle in my U5020C and I have no issues with it and am not sure I would want HST if it were available. Power shuttle? I think I would have liked that option, but not worried about it at all.

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #117  
As TSO pointed out, the XU5065 might be a great option for you. Smaller frame, all kinds of power and I think large enough to qualify from the HST (sales tax) exemption.

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #118  
P.S. I have syndrome shuttle in my U5020C and I have no issues with it and am not sure I would want HST if it were available. Power shuttle? I think I would have liked that option, but not worried about it at all.

I've finally got some serious time on a power shuttle, and I think it's pretty darned nice, but there are times when it's definitely not as good/handy as HST.

I have an area that I'm adding fill to and it's pretty narrow...imagine a raised railroad bed. I'm widening it in one spot to put an 8x8' shooting backstop (widening so I can still drive past it). I drive down the lane, and turn to the left to dump the fill in the new spot. I then back up, with the wheel to the right, to start a u-turn. That puts the machine perpendicular to the lane, and I have to back up close to the edge (3ft vertical drop off). That leaves me steering while looking over my shoulder. To keep my left hand near the shuttle lever, I have to steer with my left hand and look over my right shoulder, which is sort of awkward, but you can't really steer with your left hand and look over your left shoulder. I have to take my hand off the wheel to flip the shuttle lever to F, and hit the brakes at the same time so I don't go over the edge. If I miss the shuttle, I'm fighting the engine with the brakes, and I could see how easy it would be to have your foot slip and over the edge you go....bad day. Even if you don't miss the shuttle lever, you could have enough momentum from backing up that missing the brake pedal would have you go over the edge.

With an HST setup using two foot pedals, all you do is take your foot off one pedal, and push on the other pedal....pretty hard to miss, and the HST stops pretty much as soon as you let off the pedal, so it's less likely to wind up going too far and flipping the machine.

I really do like the power shuttle, but I recognize it has some limitations (they all do).

I'm not sure this was ever answered completely.

If it's a Case with wobble sticks/joysticks, the E-hoe is controlled by a fore/aft treadle pedal that kind of looks like a throttle pedal on the right side of the control tower. If it has pilot controls/excavator controls, the right side grip has buttons to extend and retract the E-hoe.

Thanks. So the treadle pedal sounds pretty much the same as foot controls on a skid steer then? I had a NH LS160 for a few years a while back with foot controls for the loader and drive control from the 2 levers. I much prefer that over dual joystick in a SS. Would be fine for E-hoe but wouldn't want it for swing, that's for sure

Yes Bart, that does sound a bit tight with no room for error. Kinda like when I'm trying to thread between 2 stagger parked cars while backing up to a garage door doing snow removal. How about adding the clutch pedal with your left foot? Or are you using the new BH and don't have a clutch?

Doing snow with the 120 Maximum:
Left hand steer and shuttle
Left foot clutch
Right foot split brakes and throttle
Right hand 3pt hitch, 2 hyd levers and gear selection

The clutch and shuttle provide redundancy so you don't over power the brakes and the shuttle also reacts quicker when used in conjunction with the clutch but not relavent unless doing a thousand shifts a shift and every second counts