Cab or No Cab

/ Cab or No Cab #91  
. . . Now in my retirement years, having reared all the kids and scrimped on everything to put food on the table and clothes on their back, I finally am financially able to do what is good for me and one of those things is providing for my comfort when ever possible. . . .

Well said. That is exactly what I meant when I said I had been "standing line" long enough to splurge on a cab. I've been very frugal over the years. Didn't live in big fancy houses, drive expensive new cars or have all the toys that some people consider "necessities" these days. And I've spent more than my share of time being hot and sweaty and fighting off bugs and breathing dust and pollen.

/ Cab or No Cab #92  
That is true, each of us has our own values as to what is worth the money. This is why they built stripped down cars and luxury cars and everything in between, so everyone can find the balance that is needed. For me, now that I can afford it, comfort outweighs bank account balance. My Dad wouldn't buy a tractor with cab / truck AC, any power equipment or even a radio, mainly because he couldn't afford to spend the money, so he sweated on the tractor and in the trucks and cars (so did I when I lived on the farm). Now in my retirement years, having reared all the kids and scrimped on everything to put food on the table and clothes on their back, I finally am financially able to do what is good for me and one of those things is providing for my comfort when ever possible.
I don't use my wheel barrow to haul stuff anymore, got an RTV 900 for that, I don't dig holes with a shovel, got a back hoe for that, I don't sweat in summer and freeze in winter if I need to use my tractor either, I have a cab for that. Lots of other things that I have in order to make my life easier in my old age, like power screw drivers, impact guns, air ratchets etc that even though I may not use them daily or even weekly, when I do need them I have them to make my life better, easier AND more productive.

+2 :thumbsup:

Years ago, I saw a tshirt saying that said "Life's too short...to drink cheap wine!" I've decided to live by that!