Cab or No Cab

/ Cab or No Cab #71  
Horseflys!.. How I remember when I mowed 7 acres every 2 weeks, how I would always make sure to wear a ball cap to swat those nasty vermin, and we seemed to always have a lot of them.

/ Cab or No Cab #72  
To each his own as to whether the cost of a cab is worth it or not, but I dare say that most folks who think the cost it too great piss off more money daily on coffee and beer than what a cab cost.

True, but one can make that argument about any varieties of ways that someone chooses to spend money. :) It's all about value on money spent, not just the amount of that money.

When you stretch any amount of money over 5 years, then over a month, then over a day... it always looks "worth it" to spend the extra dollars - on whatever it is you're trying to analyze.

That's what is great about the marketplace... it's a space where we can all tell the world what is valuable to us via the money we spend! And it creates jobs, commerce and livelihoods! :thumbsup:

/ Cab or No Cab #73  
All I can see is that I wish I had done it sooner! There's nothing like moving 18-20" snow in sweater, sweat pants and slippers AND being nice and cool in the summer. As has been stated, there's pros and cons to everything, it's just what fits you, your anticipated work load (need for OOS) as well as the obvious...the checkbook.

/ Cab or No Cab #74  
Went I was a kid my grandfather had a mule.. it was open on top,, but you really didn't want to be on the back side when that old mule got in a bind,, That why I got enclosed cab.:D. Lou

/ Cab or No Cab #75  
OP
have you looked at used cab tractors? and or a used open station maybe a big and little for the same money as a new cab tractor. You seem to be new to all this and having more than one tractor could be very beneficial as you are learning how to hobby farm.

/ Cab or No Cab #76  
If I were still a young(er) man, lived in the south all my life, and didn't have allergies, I'd just go with a canopy. Cabs are soooo expensive that it takes a while to save for 'em if you didn't purchase with the tractor & roll into the finance payment.

But up here in the Siberia of the Americas - ya GOTTA have a cab! I durn near froze to death this winter on my new 1026R after having a cab for 11 years on my 445!! :cold:

I take them off for the summer - don't have A/C in them on smaller tractors. Plus when I go into the woods they snag on branches.

/ Cab or No Cab #78  
The main reason I have a tractor is for plowing snow on our very steep hill. How much would a cab change the center of gravity on my L3710 Kubota? When I slid it sideways down the hill the other day would it have been more likely to tip over with a cab? I actually doubt that it would make much difference and if it did I guess I would add more ballast. Just thinking outloud here :) Kevin
Your center of gravity should be mostly unchanged. The only thing that would change your center of gravity that much is a heavy lifted high item with your FEL or having a backhoe on the back of your machine will really change your center of gravity. A cab will not affect it much or any compared to a round bale of hay on the front or rear of the machine

/ Cab or No Cab #80  
I like having a cab. I don't mind removing the doors in summer for ventilation. No AC in my cab either. When it's snowing and 10 degrees outside with a foot of snow to clear, I want to be inside the comfort of the cab.