Can a guy do this with a small CUT?

/ Can a guy do this with a small CUT? #31  
Bedlam said:
Ahh thanks allot I use the bucket also so ill have to give it a try thanks again

Oh good, once you click the "Generate HTML and IMG code" button, use the code that is in the box labeled "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended"

/ Can a guy do this with a small CUT? #32  
pax said:
So far things were good and I was getting close to pulling the trigger and then another fly-in-the-ointment came along. My mother's (she lives out on the 15 acres in her own house) septic field went south and needs to be replaced. That forest that was planted 40 years ago have grown roots through the field lines and plugged her run. Her tank is still in excellent condition and only the field needs replaced.

Now my question........ Can one of these small 25-30 hp CUT's with a backhoe handle such a job in a fairly manageable fashion?

Or would it pay just to hire it out? I am very adept at running equipment as I have farmed my whole life. I have run a backhoe, but would not call myself a pro by any means. Would this size of CUT/Backhoe handle the roots that thread through the land from the trees. The field passes near this (planned) forest (it is all planted in rows with new trees sprouting up from the cones here an there) and will be dealing with roots of evergreens that are 20-30 ft away and will need to go right through some lilac trees to get to where the field will be. I don't have any idea of what I can expect from a small backhoe setup. It would be a nice way to help pay for the hoe. Now if not feasible, I will probably not get a hoe at this time.

As a note, I still have a small ag tractor (65 pto hp) w/fel that is now way too big/heavy/awkward for maintaining this small acreage and I will be able to sell it to help finance this new purchase.

Well, thanks for those of you that made it through this rambling post. I would appreciate any feedback and thoughts on the ability, usefulness, sanity of using a small CUT/BH for this purpose.

Pax

The septic system for my new house (3 bedrooms, 1250 gal septic tank, 100 ft of leach line buried 4-ft on top of 3 ft of drain rock) cost $3700 installed. Took a 4-man crew about 4 hours to finish the job. They used the right equipment to do the job quickly and cost effectively.

DSCF0007Small.jpg

DSCF0026Small-1.jpg

DSCF0072Small.jpg

Don't know how this compares to your mother's situation, but I'd hire that work done and enjoy peace of mind knowing that the job was done correctly.