Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #11  
If all else fails, download Thunderbird and import from OE. That has a high level of success

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem
I have Microsoft working on it now. It has already been over a hour and files are still transferring to the new "outlook express" folder they created. I will keep you updated on how they do. Ken Sweet

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #13  
I have Microsoft working on it now. It has already been over a hour and files are still transferring to the new "outlook express" folder they created. I will keep you updated on how they do. Ken Sweet

Thunderbird is an e-mail client that is part of Firefox (browser)...not sure what files should be transferring?

The Microsoft tech guy is still working on it, Don't look good from what little I know? Ken Sweet

Just what I was afraid of, the Microsoft guy downloaded some updates with difficulty, then after attempting restart, the computer would not start in any mode. He wanted to know if I had a XP disc, I told him XP came installed on the computer. After 4 1/2 hours, the situation is 100% worse than it was to begin with. I am suppose to call back Monday and get level 2 support to resolve the problem. My question is, how can they resolve the problem if the computer won't start because they crashed the hard drive? Ken Sweet

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #16  
Was this your MSFT tech ?
microsoft_tech_support_zpsc078b578.jpg

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #18  
Just what I was afraid of, the Microsoft guy downloaded some updates with difficulty, then after attempting restart, the computer would not start in any mode.

So what else is new? Microsoft should be avoided like the plague, nothing but a bunch of clueless propeller heads!

View attachment 321951

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #19  
Ken - I once just had to go buy a new computer and I was using XP at the time....in my case it was a terrible virus and no one could fix it...not the local computer geek, not Best Buy...geek squad not anyone on the net...finally the Geek Squad guys at Best buy said buy a new one...and I did not buy it from them ...It was a Dell and they knew I was going to buy another Dell at that time...

Now, I hope you have a back up....that is what I would concentrate on now...especially if it is your business computer...good luck...as slick willie used to say so often...I feel your pain...

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #20  
Ken - I once just had to go buy a new computer and I was using XP at the time....in my case it was a terrible virus and no one could fix it...not the local computer geek, not Best Buy...geek squad not anyone on the net...finally the Geek Squad guys at Best buy said buy a new one...

One can always reformat the drive and reload the operating system. Makes it like the day it left the factory. Even if that was ten years ago...