Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #41  
No progress......After 8 hours and 4 different propeller heads (2 of which were at level 2 support) They have determined I need to get a xp disc and call them back. I am ready to buy another computer, however, I don't think I can find new computer with windows 7 installed? I am hearing you guys tell me to stay away from windows 8 or higher. What to do? Ken Sweet

Desktops | HPョ Official Store

You can order one and have it quick.. (supplies are limited it says)

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem
Update. Bought another computer with windows 7 from amazon and will try to transfer some files, pics and folders. I doubt I will be able to save my email addresses. I do have a xp disc coming. I have not totally gave up on the old one....yet. Ken Sweet

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #43  
If you can switch to Outlook instead of Outlook Express (if you choose to stay with Microsoft products) you will have a much better experience and be able to save a much larger email folder. You may also want to invest in a backup program like Acronis True Image ( many others out there too) and an external hard drive for the backups. It will save many headaches when something goes wrong and you can't get an internal restore to work. Good luck.

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #44  
Update. Bought another computer with windows 7 from amazon and will try to transfer some files, pics and folders. I doubt I will be able to save my email addresses. I do have a xp disc coming. I have not totally gave up on the old one....yet. Ken Sweet

One of the biggest issues switching from XP etc. is there is no integrated e-mail client...if the machine came with 'Office' as stated you can use "Outlook"...it's similar to Outlook Express but it incorporates many of the attributes of "MS Word"...It has a bit of a learning curve but is not all that difficult once you learn to remove what you don't want or need from the interface...
The next best alternative is to use your ISP's web mail interface...

Update. I put in a new computer and was able to save and transfer my bookmarks, files and folders. pictures, etc. to the new one. Anyone using Google Chrome as a browser? I have used it for a couple years and really like it. I have it running on my new computer, however, I cannot seem to get it setup like it was on the old one. Anyone know how to make the "home" button go to my Google new tab page that has my 8 thumbnails of the 8 most visited sites? Ken Sweet

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #46  
There is usually an arrow thing (just a little chevron) way over to left or right of the new tab page. Click it to get to the thumbnails of frequently visited sites.

ChromeArrow.png

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #47  
No progress......After 8 hours and 4 different propeller heads (2 of which were at level 2 support) They have determined I need to get a xp disc and call them back. I am ready to buy another computer, however, I don't think I can find new computer with windows 7 installed? I am hearing you guys tell me to stay away from windows 8 or higher. What to do? Ken Sweet

Lenovo is selling Windows 7. I don't know about other companies but many of them got burned with MS forcing them to sell Vista and the were not going to get burned again with Windows 8.

DO NOT GET Windows 8. It took me a good eight hours over two days to get the thing to remotely work sorta like Windows 7. MAJOR PITA. MS is a very arrogant company, and I despise them, but I have to use Windows, so I am stuck. Windows 8.1 MIGHT get the Start menu back but what I am reading is not giving me warm fuzzies.

The only software from MS I use is the OS. Everything else is NON MS. The less MS products I use the better off I am. I have been using Open Office or a variant for many, many, years. It is free and I have run it on various flavors of Windows and Solaris. A family member needs a new system and they have to use MS Office which cost them about $150 which was about 15% of the cost of the system. That $150 could have been used for a faster CPU, more memory, more disk space, or just left in the bank...

Good luck recovering the system. I would be raising he.. with MS for #$%^&*()_ a working system. They took a small problem and made it much worse...

Later,
Dan

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #48  
Outlook Express was a good e-mail program. I liked it a lot. Outlook is nothing like Outlook Express in my opinion. I have Outlook which is part of Office 2010 Professional.

If I currently did not have Outlook, which is part of MS Office, I would download and use this free version of Outlook: Outlook.com

Lenovo is selling Windows 7. I don't know about other companies but many of them got burned with MS forcing them to sell Vista and the were not going to get burned again with Windows 8.

DO NOT GET Windows 8. It took me a good eight hours over two days to get the thing to remotely work sorta like Windows 7. MAJOR PITA. MS is a very arrogant company, and I despise them, but I have to use Windows, so I am stuck. Windows 8.1 MIGHT get the Start menu back but what I am reading is not giving me warm fuzzies.

The only software from MS I use is the OS. Everything else is NON MS. The less MS products I use the better off I am. I have been using Open Office or a variant for many, many, years. It is free and I have run it on various flavors of Windows and Solaris. A family member needs a new system and they have to use MS Office which cost them about $150 which was about 15% of the cost of the system. That $150 could have been used for a faster CPU, more memory, more disk space, or just left in the bank...

Good luck recovering the system. I would be raising he.. with MS for #$%^&*()_ a working system. They took a small problem and made it much worse...

Later,
Dan

Dan, MS sent me a form to fill out on the "assistance" I got? I gave them all failing marks. Ken Sweet

Outlook Express was a good e-mail program. I liked it a lot. Outlook is nothing like Outlook Express in my opinion. I have Outlook which is part of Office 2010 Professional.

If I currently did not have Outlook, which is part of MS Office, I would download and use this free version of Outlook: Outlook.com

I got all my old email info moved over to outllook on the new computer and I am liking it better every day that I use it. Of course, there may be issues down the road, but it is working well now. Ken sweet