Can I add anti-gel to my tractor

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #41  
As you see, there are a lot of anti-gel additive. I use Stanadyne - in every gallon.

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #42  
Back in the 80 in montana, we mixed #1 and #2 diesel for a winter blend. I dont recall the ratios though…been too long. We had winters that reached -60F wind chills, and the machinery ran fine. This was before winter blend diesel.

nowdays i refill my 55 gallon diesel storage tank with winter blend the service stations sell. I have never added anything to my fuel for past 30 years. We just had a -37f wind chill week last week, no problem starting and running.

I dont add anything to my 2 diesel trucks either. The dodge has 375,000 miles on engine, the ford has 107,000 miles. No issues.

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #43  
All thru the '70's & early 80's I semi trucked as well as had total of 5 semis with drivers on them. In fall to late spring we ALWAYS carried 10 gal of regular gasoline with us.

Depending what part of the country/world we were in, when it got cold & couldn't find #1 diesel or kerosene we would have to fill up with #2. And then we added 4-5 gal gas per 100 gal of diesel.

We ran all over US, western 1/2 of Canada, as well as Alaska. Mostly heavy haul. Mostly permit loads couldn't run at night so we'd have to park & idle all night. If fuel wasn't winterized, even with engine running & the kind'a warm return fuel going back to tanks, weather get cold enough even the tanks could gel.

One morning about 2 hr after sun-up I was ripping down I 94 about 30 mi west of Glendive, Mt & truck suddenly died. I dipped my tanks & fuel was like very thin jelly, it had gelled. Turned it was -38* below & I had bought #1 diesel at last full-up, I thought.

Round here when it gets nite time temp 10* or below I always add additive or gas or both to my diesel trucks & tractors!!!!

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #44  
Funny, i always have been under the assumption that gasoline in diesel engines was a very big no no

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #45  
I think it used to be common to run a little gas in diesel, I know people have said VW or Mercedes put it in the owners manual. These days with the high pressure injectors I wouldn’t add any gas.

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #46  
it wont harm anything to add the anti gel but its not needed. If its in a heated garage and has no problems starting and getting up to temp, then the fuel being returned to the tank is being heated by the cylinder head as its being returned.

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #47  
grsthegreat if you put too much gas in the
diesel you will get a rude awakening
Kerosene was a big choice to keep from;
jelling and truckers like the heet but I
prefer to use PS year round that way if the
temp drops I am ready

willy

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #48  
it wont harm anything to add the anti gel but its not needed. If its in a heated garage and has no problems starting and getting up to temp, then the fuel being returned to the tank is being heated by the cylinder head as its being returned.
“It’s not needed” is oh so easy to say. Now if you offered to assist with the first tractor that DID gell up, I’d say you know what you’re talking about….🥴

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #49  
Ah he**, On my three acre place here in Kansas, I deal with extreme temps high or low. And owning my Kubotas is probably a losing deal anyways. So I add PS to every 5 gallon of whatever comes out of the local pump. It doesn't cost me that much to prevent gelling issues....and maybe there is something to the added cetane boost. ...and injector/fuel pump lubrication.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Can I add anti-gel to my tractor #50  
I’ve had my previous tractor gel up three times, luckily it still ran just barely good enough to get it in the shop. It was still a big inconvenience but if I hadn’t got it in the shop it would be a real pain.