Can I grease too much?

/ Can I grease too much? #1  

BigRedDog31

Tractor
Mahindra EMax 20S HST
I have read a lot about greasing the bucket on my tractor… I have been told you can’t grease it too much when using the bucket pretty much exclusively with my current project - what are others thoughts?

/ Can I grease too much?
Is there a specific type that everyone recommends?

/ Can I grease too much? #4  
Having used loaders many times over the years in construction, you cannot grease loader pins to much. Even though we greased the pins daily, sometimes twice, there were still some that would eventually stop taking grease. Especially the lower ones at the bucket.

Pretty much any good quality gun grease will do. Even cheap grease is better than none. I would recommend picking one grease (brand) that you like and is readily available and stay with it. If you must use different brands at the very least make sure they are compatible or you my make problems for yourself. I seem to remember someone posting a link or chart showing grease compatibility on this site or even a quick Google search should bring one up.

/ Can I grease too much? #5  
Some things can be over greased like bearings. Nyou can blow out the seals. On the end loader you can over grease by just wasting time and material. In construction good companies grease daily. My J.D. says grease tge end loader every 10 hours. Over greasing won’t damage anything in most cases.

/ Can I grease too much? #6  
A quality grease with moly is recommended for pis & bushing on buckets. There are greases with hi percentage of moly that should be used for puns only.
Most moly greases are multi purpose for all position use such as unjoints & wheel bearings.
Bottom line use a moly grease.
90cummins

/ Can I grease too much? #7  
Sorry, but i dont think a tractor loader needs to be greased daily for people like me that dont do farming or construction with their equipment. I may run my tractor for 6 hours running a chipper or log splitter, never using the loader. Why do i need to grease the loader.
in actuality, although i have 1400 hours on my tractor, the loader doesnt have 1400 hours of use.
i actually overgreased my cabbed tractor for many years, and the excess grease ended up on my windshield and tractor body. Takes alot to get it off. Now i grease before i plan on using the loader alot.

i do grease other zerks, besides loader, alot.

/ Can I grease too much? #8  
Not exactly sure how often I grease. But I do do it when I think about it.... That being said for me, go with what you tractor manual says.... If you have a fitting/pin that stops taking grease, stop right there, and pull pin and check it for clog or whatever.... I recently had one that would not take grease, pulled pin out and applied grease to fitting and it did squirt grease out of hole in center of pin, put pin back in and it did then properly take grease, only real problem was lining up sleeves in bucket and arm to get pin back in... That was worst part of ordeal.... I also tend to wipe excessive squeezed out grease off after greasing so I can see when doing new greasing that the new grease is oozing out of pin/sleeves...

/ Can I grease too much? #10  
And no use overgreasing these parts in a seldom used machine considering the price of grease these days. Ouch!