Can they go------40 and 0?

/ Can they go------40 and 0? #12  
You're right, Mo. I was being a bit facetious just because I don't know which school people mean when they use names like USC, MSU, or just State, etc. Where I live now, MSU means Mississippi State... but I reckon it could also be Montana State, Missouri State, Michigan State, ..... I don't follow basketball. But, I know enough that I hope Kentucky wins!

/ Can they go------40 and 0? #13  
MSU, we love thy shadows
When twilight silence falls,
Flushing deep and softly paling
O'er ivy covered halls;
Beneath the pines we'll gather
To give our faith so true,
Sing our love for Alma Mater
And thy praises, MSU.

When from these scenes we wander
And twilight shadows fade,
Our mem'ry still will linger
Where light and shadows played;
In the evening oft we'll gather
And pledge our faith anew,
And thy praise, MSU.

Michigan State Official Athletic Site

/ Can they go------40 and 0? #14  
MSU, we love thy shadows
When twilight silence falls,
Flushing deep and softly paling
O'er ivy covered halls;
Beneath the pines we'll gather
To give our faith so true,
And thy praises, MSU.

When from these scenes we wander
And twilight shadows fade,
Our mem'ry still will linger
Where light and shadows played;
In the evening oft we'll gather
And pledge our faith anew,
And thy praise, MSU.

Michigan State Official Athletic Site

And now you are in Texas living with the Longhorn Network. Sorry.

MoKelly

/ Can they go------40 and 0? #15  
You're right, Mo. I was being a bit facetious just because I don't know which school people mean when they use names like USC, MSU, or just State, etc. Where I live now, MSU means Mississippi State... but I reckon it could also be Montana State, Missouri State, Michigan State, ..... I don't follow basketball. But, I know enough that I hope Kentucky wins!

Don't forget Moscow State University. They probably have a pretty good team too.

/ Can they go------40 and 0? #16  
I thought they meant murray state with msu. :)

/ Can they go------40 and 0? #18  
Oh me, y'all boys are good! Made me have a good laugh! Yeah, Moscow State, I forgot about that one!. algore, domo arigatou...

Back on topic, how did good ole Caintuck do? I haven't seen ary a game. Still pulling for the 40-0 though.

/ Can they go------40 and 0? #19  
I apologize for any confusion, but I thought that I mentioned Murray State in my post prior to using the acronym MSU. Sorry if it got folks mixed up.

There was a ballgame back in the early 90's, first round of the NCAA tournament when a 16 seed Murray State played against a 1 seed Michigan State, and the Michigan coach boldly guaranteed "an MSU victory". Some of the papers jumped the gun and claimed that the coach guaranteed a Michigan State win, before it dawned on them that they were both "MSU"s.

It was very nearly a Murray victory, because Greg Cobble hit a 3 point with seconds left to tie the game and send it into overtime, the first time a 16 seed took a 1 that far. Ultimately, the Spartans prevailed against the Popeye Jones-led Racers, but it was a fun ride while it lasted.

And it looks like my Racers are done for the season. A valiant comeback against the Old Dominion University Monarchs fell short. The Racers (Murray State) are heading home, and the Monarchs are going to New York. It was a good game and a good season. Congrats to ODU.

I guess I'll have to cheer for the Cats for as long as they play.

Good luck and take care.

/ Can they go------40 and 0? #20  
Tough loss for murray state.