Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #61  
Though I admit this is a long shot, after beging sure you have the pressure relieved, try putting some pressure on the male component as you press against the collar of the female component.
As for which hose, just look for the nearest connection to the connector you're trying to uncouple. A half turn on the fitting or so should be sufficient.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #62  
I figured I'd make a new thread other then my Float Thread. In my journey trying to disassemble my loader joystick. I can't disconnect my hydrolic. the collar will not slide up or dohomewn or turn.

Any idea ?

It's a 2008 and I don't think they have ever been disconnected before.
I have that problem on my FEL. One hose just does want to come off. What I have learned to do is crack open that hose at the bucket to release the pressure then the disconnect comes right off.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520
I had a closer look and they are definitively Safeway S40

So a geust I have to find a way to get the collar sniping.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #64  
I've been fighting these sticky hydraulic couplers for years. The solution that works for me is this cheap welding clamp from Harbor Freight:

I used an angle grinder to open the jaws enough to fit the slot on the coupler barrel:

View attachment 724443

It spits a bit of oil but it even works on lines with some pressure in them.

View attachment 724441 View attachment 724442
Interesting solution!

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #65  
I tried to punch down on the elbow (1) and to push the collar up (2). event tried to pry it up with a flat screew driver. I'm limited on the amount of force I can apply with the screw driver has I'm puching aigaint a platic cover. so no luck.

Look like I'll have to dissemble the Hose (3).

Only problem Winter started and my ATV that I normaly use to plow does not start... Freaking Polaris....I hae to repair that ASAP. at the moment my tractor is working so I don't want a break it yet. I'll way that I repair the ATV. with luck that should be all sorted out this weekend and then I can get back on trying to fix the tractor.
2000ish JD 5210 at work the loader disconnects don't have a collar like flat face or pioneer connectors, to separate them you have to rapidly push in the male half and pull out to disconnect and reverse to connect.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #66  

I found the diagram on ACGO site but it still does not mention what kind of connector they are.

From the diagram, the male part is down and the female is up. The collar is always moved away from the intersection - thus in this situation is moved up.

I'd also like to comment about the video from grsthegreat, showing a break-away coupler. Personally, I have only seen these couplers used on rear remotes or mid-valve loader valves in high dollar tractors. For the break-aways, I have been told that repeatedly jerking them apart while under pressure can damage them. They are designed so that if there is some pressure, but not high, you should first shove the hose into the coupling, which allows pressure to release back into the tractor. After that, using the collar is much easier.

For my lowly Kubota, my FEL connects are NOT break-away, and they can be a bear to separate. FYI, those hoses are the male end and the valve holds the female ends. After deciding that I hated the trouble of separation, I found out that if I turn the tractor OFF, then run the joystick in all directions, all pressure is relieved and separation becomes easy-peazy.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #67  
I am the guy with the video of "Just Yank em" hydraulic couplers on my MF tractor. I looked on the OEM tips, but there was no information to be seen.
The attached pic is of a tip that interchanges, looks like Pioneer 4010-3P.

Attachments

• 11BF26E5-21D5-4FF9-863C-538A399B8F8F.jpeg
    11BF26E5-21D5-4FF9-863C-538A399B8F8F.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
   / Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #68  
I had a closer look and they are definitively Safeway S40

So a geust I have to find a way to get the collar sniping.
Collar on female will move either way to release male..... You just got to make them move....

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520
I have that problem on my FEL. One hose just does want to come off. What I have learned to do is crack open that hose at the bucket to release the pressure then the disconnect comes right off.
I have tried that... no luck