Can't get steering wheel off

/ Can't get steering wheel off #31  
Re: Can\'t get steering wheel off

What I am saying is you can use penetrating oil for a year and you still won't be able to reach and pull the wheel off. You will still have to hit it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Can't get steering wheel off #32  

What I am saying is you can use penetrating oil for a year and you still won't be able to reach and pull the wheel off. You will still have to hit it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Can't get steering wheel off #33  

That's for sure, if you want it off immediately.

/ Can't get steering wheel off #34  

That's for sure, if you want it off immediately.

/ Can't get steering wheel off #35  

Please don't forget the part of Eddie's advice "--screw the nut flush with the end of the steering column and while pulling up on the outer part of the steering wheel--".

I didn't leave the nut loosely on the end of the shaft when I was removing a steering wheel at an auto wrecking yard as teenager. The steering wheel flew off when I hit the shaft --right into my face! Now, 50 yers later I'm still feeling the aftereffects of the facial fractures I suffered then. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Can't get steering wheel off #36  

Please don't forget the part of Eddie's advice "--screw the nut flush with the end of the steering column and while pulling up on the outer part of the steering wheel--".

I didn't leave the nut loosely on the end of the shaft when I was removing a steering wheel at an auto wrecking yard as teenager. The steering wheel flew off when I hit the shaft --right into my face! Now, 50 yers later I'm still feeling the aftereffects of the facial fractures I suffered then. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Can't get steering wheel off #37  

I'll have to admit that I got a fat lip by taking the nut off and framming the underside with my hands.

/ Can't get steering wheel off #38  

I'll have to admit that I got a fat lip by taking the nut off and framming the underside with my hands.