Carry low

/ Carry low #31  
That'll help.

Last time I bought new weights, pre-COVID, they were running $1/lb. with fresh durable 2-part paint. I'm not sure how much they've gone up by then, but it might be worth checking for next time, as the factory paint alone is worth the $5 you might've saved by going used.

I had 17 x 42-lb brand new weights delivered to my door at that $1/lb. pricing in 2019 or 2020, with Deere green epoxy paint on them.

/ Carry low
Right now it looks to be about $2/lb from what I've been able to find. I don't mind used, age doesn't have much to do with being heavy. And it's not like my tractor is pretty, either, so it sort of matches.

/ Carry low #33  
Figured they might be up, like everything else. What I always thought was odd, back then, was I had old-timers give me that $1/lb number and claim it never changed. Hard to believe, and I never verified the history, other than finding it was true ca.2020.

Of course, with a Deere logo on them, the price went up 25% or 50%, so I bought third-party without logos. :D

/ Carry low
There was a guy with deere 42lb weights selling used for $60. They were in a little better condition, but not much.

/ Carry low #35  
I remember looking for suitcase weights years ago. Gave up because of prices and one day saw a guy selling a counterweight for an old dozer. Got an estimated 1100 lbs at about .25 cents a pound. Probably my best deal ever. So need to take the initiative and make a carry set up. But that'll happen sooner now that I'm gonna have room to work.

Fatjay, what bandsaw setup do you have? Been following your garage build too. And your parents build you did.. Amazing drive and craftsmanship.

/ Carry low
I remember looking for suitcase weights years ago. Gave up because of prices and one day saw a guy selling a counterweight for an old dozer. Got an estimated 1100 lbs at about .25 cents a pound. Probably my best deal ever. So need to take the initiative and make a carry set up. But that'll happen sooner now that I'm gonna have room to work.

Fatjay, what bandsaw setup do you have? Been following your garage build too. And your parents build you did.. Amazing drive and craftsmanship.

Just a little thing that makes cuts of angle iron, flat stock, pipe, etc so much easier. I need to make some battery bus bars, so I'll use the bandsaw.

XpMC5fE.jpg

S6pJ6n1.jpg

zfuE8rH.jpg

dLcer8M.jpg

LEiSvzR.jpg

IbuY7DR.jpg

/ Carry low #37  
Looks like it does what I'm looking for as well. Thanks for the info!

/ Carry low #38  
SUCH a scary feeling!! Glad everything turned out ok!
Yes, carry LOW and go SLOW when things get dicey!

/ Carry low #40  
When I saw “carry low” I thought this thread was going to be about firearm holsters for the leg.