Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #11  
I feel those two dealers that refused to sell because the tractor was made in Turkey are ignorant. The JX has a great reputation and has been in Case-IH's lineup for 5-6 years if not more. It isn't a fancy tractor filled with all of the latest toys but it is a solid and reliable tractor. It sounds to me like those dealers just want to see you the higher end models where they might make more money.

Also, Farmall is what Case-IH calls its DX line of compacts. McCormick is a seperate brand owned by Argo with its roots from Case-IH.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #12  
radman1 said:
More confused than ever. Talked to a couple of other case-ih dealers. Two other dealers said they don't order the JX95 or JX80. They don't like that it is made in Turkey. Implied they question its reliability/construction. Said they have never sold any. They prefer the JX110U made in Italy or step up to the Maxxum 110. the JX110U is not priced much higher than the JX95. The Maxxum 110 is getting into the extra large utility tractor size.

Case-IH needs to get control of their product line. Just way too many models and series available, especially since the blends with New Holland. Most also sell the McCormick or Farmall line. It seems rediculous. Salesman says he can't even keep up with them all. Case-ih line includes the DX, JX, JXC, JXU, Maxxum, Puma, Magnum, Steiger and Quadratrac series. Make 3-5 models in each series , some add an additional "Pro" (Maxuum 110 Pro) on top of that.

It sounds to me like they are trying to talk you into buying a new tractor from them instead of the farmers tractor and just getting the loader sale.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000
chh said:
It sounds to me like they are trying to talk you into buying a new tractor from them instead of the farmers tractor and just getting the loader sale.
None of the dealers knew about the JX95 for sale. I just asked them to price one without and with loader. It does seem a little odd that one can buy that much hp for a cab tractor with MFWD and shuttle. I still might go look at the JX95 for sale and see it for myself.

It is getting harder to find many ag tractors in my area to review. Farm tractor and equipment sales are through the roof. To order one can take 3-4 months. Sales guy says the companies can't keep up.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #14  
radman1 said:
None of the dealers knew about the JX95 for sale. I just asked them to price one without and with loader. It does seem a little odd that one can buy that much hp for a cab tractor with MFWD and shuttle. I still might go look at the JX95 for sale and see it for myself.

It is getting harder to find many ag tractors in my area to review. Farm tractor and equipment sales are through the roof. To order one can take 3-4 months. Sales guy says the companies can't keep up.
The JX series built in Turkey is considered to be a value line of tractor. It is the red cousin to the New Holland TDD, and has been sold in the US longer than the TDD series. They are updated versions of the older Fiat Hesston tractors, which were very good, heavy tractors in their own right. I'm curious why any dealer would jeopardize any sale by denigrating the quality of a product just because of the country of origin, especially since they had never sold one of these machines. It's a global economy now, I'm sure that there will be many more tractors imported by major brands that will be built in what are considered to be second and third rate countries. The fact of the matter is this: while these companies pay what are very low wages compared to the US, in those countries they are among the highest paying jobs. They attract a workforce that is eager to work, who want to do a good job because the income is comparatively high and it's difficult to find comparable pay elsewhere. Kubota is going to build tractors in Thailand, NH and JD are in India and China. Mahindra is also building tractors in China now.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #15  
dgl24087 said:
The JX series built in Turkey is considered to be a value line of tractor. It is the red cousin to the New Holland TDD, and has been sold in the US longer than the TDD series. They are updated versions of the older Fiat Hesston tractors, which were very good, heavy tractors in their own right. I'm curious why any dealer would jeopardize any sale by denigrating the quality of a product just because of the country of origin, especially since they had never sold one of these machines. It's a global economy now, I'm sure that there will be many more tractors imported by major brands that will be built in what are considered to be second and third rate countries. The fact of the matter is this: while these companies pay what are very low wages compared to the US, in those countries they are among the highest paying jobs. They attract a workforce that is eager to work, who want to do a good job because the income is comparatively high and it's difficult to find comparable pay elsewhere. Kubota is going to build tractors in Thailand, NH and JD are in India and China. Mahindra is also building tractors in China now.

Back when New Holland had the 10s line built in Mexico my local dealer refused to sell them because they were built in Mexico. I ended up buying the TN anyway because I needed the tractor but I was curious about the 10s line back then and they refused to even talk about them. But given the tractor market now (9 years later) with so many models coming from overseas I can not see anyone refusing to carry the JX or TDD line as they are good sellers for CNH and good tractors also. My local dealer who refused to sell the 10s line currently sells the TT, TDD and TB line of economy tractors. So at least they changed their thinking but with brands like Mahindra coming up here in the US it would be foolish to not have a tractor to compete price wise and New Holland has a few in the Utility size.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #16  
radman1 said:

The price you had quoted on the new JX 95 is quite a bit cheaper than my local dealer quoted me last fall. Case-IH and JD both came in higher than Kubota and MF when I was shopping. The MF 596 that I ended up buying doesn't come with a shuttle trans and I didn't think I would miss it. It turns out that I wish I had gone with a shuttle again. If I had gotten a price in the low 40's instead of the upper 40's on that JX95 setup I would have really tried to have traded for it.

It sounds like you need to go run that slightly used one and get a feel for it. If you could squeeze him a little more it would be a real buy.

Right now locally there are quite a few Ag tractors on the dealer's lots. Late last summer dealers lots were nearly empty of Ag tractors and orders were running 6 to 8 weeks average and some even longer. I'm hearing the same thing you are on availability and demand of this size machine and larger. The tractor I ended up buying had been ordered over 3 months before I got it. By the time the dealer finally got it in the guy that had ordered it had bought a used tractor because he couldn't wait any longer.

chh

Yeah, I need to look at the JX95 and get a feel for it. I only talked to the seller on the phone and may go take a look at it in a couple of days. My impression is he probably wants to sell the JX95 before he buys something bigger. He is only about 10% off of my new price and I will probably go new with longer warranty unless he lowers his price. CNH also has low % financing at this time.

Drove the use JX95, and new JX1110U and Maxuum 110. The JX95 is a nice basic tractor and would satisfy my needs as a utility tractor. It is actually nicer than my JD5300 with the cab and shuttle shift, more power and bigger tires that are radials, 540/1000 pto and 3 rear hydraulics. 12x9 synchonized shift and mechanical shuttle with dry clutch. 5500 lb 3 pt. 18.4x34" radial rear tires with MFWD.

The JX1110U is going to have its name changed to Farmall instead of Case IH. Slightly bigger physical tractor and nicer transmission 24x24 2speed tranmission with hydraulic clutch. 3 rear remotes. Cab is quieter and engine smoother. More lift near 5700 lb. Air seat. Dealer quote with lx730 loader was $50,650. MFWD with 18.4x38" radial rear tires. Hydraulic shuttle which is very nice. This included a 12% Case ih discount for cash which just started a couple of days ago. This is instead of 0% interest for 48 months which is the other option until the end of the month.

The Maxuum 110 is a sweet tractor. Shifts smoother, air seat, MFWD with 18.4x38" radial tires, quietest cab, 7500 lbs of lift with option of 8800 lbs for extra $103, 24x24 2 speed trans with hydraulic shuttle and 3 rear remotes. This boy is getting a little hefty at 10500 lbs without wts. With lx 740 loader the price is $63000 at 0% financing until end of month. Naturally, I like the creature comforts of this tractor the best but its size is getting a bit big for the utility side. We have other larger farm tractors with 140 and 180 hp, so the extra size may be a detraction but it could cross over for some of the heavier duties if needed.

The dealer that had the Maxuum 110 and JX1110U said he has sold a lot of the JX95s and didn't have any problems with them. He felt the biggest downside of the JX95 is the dry clutch which will probably require replacement long before the other two have clutch problems. (My JD5300 has dry clutch replaced at 2000 hours.)

IF the 12% discount was not available with the jX1110U was available, the Maxuum 110 would be the wiser choice by far and the price between them would only be about 5-6K. But I wouldn't have the 0% financing.

Decisions, decisions, decisions .....

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #19  
radman1 said:
The JX1110U is going to have its name changed to Farmall instead of Case IH.

The JX is still going to be a Case-IH but will also have Farmall on the side of the hood.

Picture is from index

Attachments

• farmal1.jpg
    farmal1.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 4,214
Last edited by a moderator:
Talked with a dealer yesterday. He says Fiat who owns case ih and new holland will be phasing out the blue color for new holland. The tractors will say new holland but be red instead of blue.