Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #21  
chh said:
The MF 596 that I ended up buying doesn't come with a shuttle trans and I didn't think I would miss it. It turns out that I wish I had gone with a shuttle again.

Meaning that the 596 is a mechanical shuttle and you would rather have hydro or electronic shuttle?

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #22  
radman1 said:
Talked with a dealer yesterday. He says Fiat who owns case ih and new holland will be phasing out the blue color for new holland. The tractors will say new holland but be red instead of blue.

I know Fiat use to be a dull maroon before but I do not see them getting rid of blue. In Europe where Ford has a strong heritage in the tractor community the last thing they would want to do is make their tractors blend in with McCormick, Massey Ferguson and Case-IH. Blue only has Landini to compete with for recognition and Landini doesn't have a huge marketshare. Same with the US market, Blue is Ford/New Holland. Changing to red would not do any good here.

I will say this, CNH would sooner get rid of one brand and go with one color that way before they would paint two brands the same color. But CNH is like Agco and no one really knows what they are going to do until they are just about ready to do it.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #23  
Robert_in_NY said:
I know Fiat use to be a dull maroon before but I do not see them getting rid of blue. In Europe where Ford has a strong heritage in the tractor community the last thing they would want to do is make their tractors blend in with McCormick, Massey Ferguson and Case-IH. Blue only has Landini to compete with for recognition and Landini doesn't have a huge marketshare. Same with the US market, Blue is Ford/New Holland. Changing to red would not do any good here.

I will say this, CNH would sooner get rid of one brand and go with one color that way before they would paint two brands the same color. But CNH is like Agco and no one really knows what they are going to do until they are just about ready to do it.

I was getting ready to ask the same question but Robert addressed it for me. I simply can't seem them ignoring the Ford heritage completely.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #24  
mark.r said:
Meaning that the 596 is a mechanical shuttle and you would rather have hydro or electronic shuttle?

No shuttle at all. First and reverse line up and it is a quick right hand shift to do loader work, but its not a shuttle. My MF 481 that I traded in was a mechanical shuttle (left hand) and slightly faster as you could move the lever while still rolling some. The 596 needs to be stopped or nearly so when shifting. That is one real advantage to the hydraulic shift trans, the shuttles shift is easier, faster and more forgiving of the tractor being in motion(from what little I have run one of that style). Truthfully for the amount of repetitive loader work I do on a daily basis the shuttle probably would not be worth the extra cost, but some days....

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000
Tomorrow I will order a Case-IH Maxuum 125 cab with MFWD. It is the last day for 0% interest for 48 months. (My guess they will probably offer the 0% in April since JD is still offering low financing but I won't take the chance.) Currently have a IH 1086 (about 120 pto hp) and Case IH 8930 (about 180 pto hp). Plan to trade in the JD 5300 if I don't sell it outright. Later this year or next year will replace/trade the 8930 with a 230-240 hp MFWD tractor and also probably sell the 1086. I stepped up to the Maxuum 125 to better match the replacement of the IH 1086. Plan on stepping up to 16 row planter and the 8930 which is 2 WD may be marginal.

It will be about 4 months to get the Maxuum, build and ship from England. The Maxuum will have 125 hp, 18.4x42" rear tires, 14.9x30 front tires, FEL, rear and front wts, 16x16 semipowershift transmission, shuttle, bar axle, air seat and 3 rear remotes.

In my search, I went to several dealers over a 100 mile area as well as looked in the tractor locators such as Fastline, Tractor house, Equipment locator etc.. Amazed at how few tractors are on the lots for JD or Case IH. Tractor/equipment sales have been phenomenal and inventory is depleted for new equipment or late model equipment.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #26  
Well, congrats on the new tractor. I will say your choice for a "utility" tractor to replace the JD sure did grow as your search progressed. Are you sure this one isn't going to be too big for your use? I like the idea of being able to use multiple tractors for the same jobs but I can't see myself getting rid of either my 1920 or my TN loader tractors. They both have their spots where they excel but then again I can use both of them for plenty of other jobs also.

I do know I don't want a loader tractor bigger then the TN as the TN is useful for a lot of jobs but kind of clumsy in tight quarters. Any bigger and it would be a field loader.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #27  
Robert_in_NY said:
I do know I don't want a loader tractor bigger then the TN as the TN is useful for a lot of jobs but kind of clumsy in tight quarters. Any bigger and it would be a field loader.

This is one reason why I said "no" when the dealer ask me would I be trading in my DK45 when I bought a larger tractor. The DK is perfect for stall work and tight paddack work and with loader that can handle 2800lbs it can do all I need it to around the farm.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #28  
Congrats on the new tractor order. You sure took a couple of steps up from the JX 95. Sounds like you have a plan going and I hope you enjoy the new tractors.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000
Robert_in_NY said:
Well, congrats on the new tractor. I will say your choice for a "utility" tractor to replace the JD sure did grow as your search progressed. Are you sure this one isn't going to be too big for your use? I like the idea of being able to use multiple tractors for the same jobs but I can't see myself getting rid of either my 1920 or my TN loader tractors. They both have their spots where they excel but then again I can use both of them for plenty of other jobs also.

Can't really consider the Maxuum 125 as a utility tractor with 10,700 lb nonballasted wt. Add FEL and rear wts, and the weight is closer to 13,000. Not exactly a "clean out the stalls" tractor. I consider it more of a midsize ag tractor. It would be a great baler/hay/ranch tractor. Still have a JD 3720 CUT for the "little" chores and Bobcat S300 skid steer for high production dirt work and tight spaces. The skid steer has really decreased the loader work on the JD 5300 but the SS is poor in the mud. I tend to keep my tractors over 10 years, so the Maxuum should satisfy future needs. We will probably use it on a 1500 gal sprayer and row crops and it should be ideal for those tasks rather than our current 2 WD tractors with duals.
I looked for late model used with 1000-2000 hours but they didn't have warranties and the prices are too close to new. 0% financing for new also makes the price difference less important. In a couple of years the plan is to have a 44 hp JD 3720 MFWD, S300 skid steer with 81 hp, 125 hp Maxuum MFWD and a 240-250 hp MFWD tractor in the stable. We also have the old reliable IH 806 as a back up. The 806 is the pto unit for the augers, grain cart, pulls the seed tender and other miscellaneous chores. Too painful to use in the fields unless have break down!

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #30  
I was trying to be sarcastic when I referred to it as a utility ;)

But since you have the skid for tight work around buildings and stuff it makes more sense to me now. I originally thought your 5300 was the small tractor on your farm and replacing that with a 125 horse loader tractor was just a slight upgrade in size and power:D

I try to buy all my tractors and equipment so that everything can either run or be ran by another. My tractors can all serve double duty on another implement. My implements can generally be ran by multiple tractors. This way if one tractor breaks down I have a spare. The only down side is that I have electronics set up on two tractors for those rare occasions it is needed on the baler.

When I get my new sprayer I will have to set up two tractors to run it for those rare days.