Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000
Robert in NY
I didn't take it as an offense. Your familar with the larger tractors and know their purpose and capabilities. I ordered the new tractor today. The 42" rear tires seem gigantic on a tractor of its size. About 6' tall tires. The only thing I wish it had was pressure and flow compensated hydraulics on the rear outlets. Handy at times but not critical. Our bigger tractor has that ability. Occassionally is it nice to reduce the flow to 3-8 gpm for hydraulic motors. The pro series of the same model can do that, but costs about 10-12 more for stuff I don't need or care about. I like the JD's, but prices seem to run about 10-15K more for comparable tractor and the rare green paint. I know your a NH man, but Case IH is the best I can do!

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #32  
radman1 said:
Robert in NY
I didn't take it as an offense. Your familar with the larger tractors and know their purpose and capabilities. I ordered the new tractor today. The 42" rear tires seem gigantic on a tractor of its size. About 6' tall tires. The only thing I wish it had was pressure and flow compensated hydraulics on the rear outlets. Handy at times but not critical. Our bigger tractor has that ability. Occassionally is it nice to reduce the flow to 3-8 gpm for hydraulic motors. The pro series of the same model can do that, but costs about 10-12 more for stuff I don't need or care about. I like the JD's, but prices seem to run about 10-15K more for comparable tractor and the rare green paint. I know your a NH man, but Case IH is the best I can do!

My next tractor is most likely going to be red. I like blue but the only reason I have blue tractors was because of my proximity to my NH dealer (2 miles). Since I am no longer happy with their service I am open to every brand as long as I feel confident in the service the dealership will provide. And Case-IH is just a red New Holland so don't feel bad;)

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #33  
Robert/Radman, thoughts on the larger MF's . . . say 5400 Series and up? I do like the 5465 and 5470. Had a look at them last weekend, was impressed.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #34  
mark.r said:
Robert/Radman, thoughts on the larger MF's . . . say 5400 Series and up? I do like the 5465 and 5470. Had a look at them last weekend, was impressed.

I have a thead somewhere ( I think in the ag forum) talking about the engine options between the 5465 and 5470. I have no real world experience with that tractor yet.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #35  
Robert_in_NY said:
I have a thead somewhere ( I think in the ag forum) talking about the engine options between the 5465 and 5470. I have no real world experience with that tractor yet.

I'll look for it. I have the booklet at home and the more I read it, the more I like it. The dealer is about 14 miles from my place which is a good start. They had a 5455 on the lot that I was able to see for size comparison. Good looking machine.

mark.r said:
No real experience with MF. No close MF dealers in my area. Have not looked at them. Mostly Case-IH, JD and a few NH dealers where the farm is located. Nearest NH and MF dealers are about 45 miles away. Rare to see any newer MFs in the fields in my area. Will see more Agco than MF.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #37  
Robert_in_NY said:
I feel those two dealers that refused to sell because the tractor was made in Turkey are ignorant. The JX has a great reputation and has been in Case-IH's lineup for 5-6 years if not more. It isn't a fancy tractor filled with all of the latest toys but it is a solid and reliable tractor. It sounds to me like those dealers just want to see you the higher end models where they might make more money.

Also, Farmall is what Case-IH calls its DX line of compacts. McCormick is a seperate brand owned by Argo with its roots from Case-IH.

I only just learned in the other thread that the Iveco engine in the JX is actually the Cummins 4BT design. My mate got the same advice from a dealer, who wanted to sell him a McCormick MB85 and steered him away from the JX80. He said the JX wasn't a bad tractor, but it had a noisy engine and he wouldn't enjoy using it if he had to spend a lot of time on it.

I was surprised by this. I bought a JX60 just to use to push whole cottonseed (stockfeed) around, and it was a lot better tractor than I expected it to be. I think it depends on expectations as it is Case's budget tractor. It is a fairly high reving engine - peak power at 2500 - and that makes it fairly loud when you are working it hard... but even though it is loud, it is not noisy or rattly engine. I've given it a lot more work than I expected. Put it on the front of a 3 metre, sixteen tyne, tyne drill, and used it to move 1 tonne bulk bags. It's done 500 hours of as heavy work you could expect a 60 hp tactor do, and the only breakdown time I have had with it are punctured tyres (running over a star picket).

I don't know how much more torquey or quieter the perkins engines in the Massey Ferguson 400 series copy tractors are, but compared to my old Belarus, the little JX is a dream to drive - used it with a boom spray on black basalt and it rides surprisingly well for a tractor that seems high - Belarus would throw you all over the place. I looked at the Landini badged Massey at the time I bought mine, but was sold on the JX's isolated platform and lift up bonnet. And from what I've read, the Cummins B series is a fairly reasonable and durable engine.

I am probably going to upgrade to an 80hp tractor with a cab at some stage. I'll probably look at the recently released German made John Deere full frame tractors that are in Australia are designated the 5020 series, the Case JXUs, but I think I could probably live with the JX80, which will probably be 10 to 15 grand AUD cheaper and I know can handle the job.

I had to change my order on the Maxuum 125 to the Maxuum 125 Pro model. Dealer/Case ih still gave me the deal without the 3% surcharge since I originally purchased before Apr 1. I needed the pressure/flow compensated hydraulics for a new sprayer. The 1200 gal sprayer, with 85' booms, requires low flow hydraulics. The low flow hydraulics are need for boom control. The booms are unfolded, can be raised/lowered and the the ends of the booms can be raised independantly depending on terraces, ditches, fences etc. The sprayer company says the hydraulics of the fixed displacement/flow Maxuum 125 many not last long if the booms are used a lot with a restrictor to decrease the flow rate. The PRO model was about 8K more. It also adds autoshift road and field modes, 4 valves/cylinder engine, deluxe cab, electronic draft control, speed match, rpm management, a hp boost in pto and road gears and a few other goodies.

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #39  
radman1 said:
I had to change my order on the Maxuum 125 to the Maxuum 125 Pro model. Dealer/Case ih still gave me the deal without the 3% surcharge since I originally purchased before Apr 1. I needed the pressure/flow compensated hydraulics for a new sprayer. The 1200 gal sprayer, with 85' booms, requires low flow hydraulics. The low flow hydraulics are need for boom control. The booms are unfolded, can be raised/lowered and the the ends of the booms can be raised independantly depending on terraces, ditches, fences etc. The sprayer company says the hydraulics of the fixed displacement/flow Maxuum 125 many not last long if the booms are used a lot with a restrictor to decrease the flow rate. The PRO model was about 8K more. It also adds autoshift road and field modes, 4 valves/cylinder engine, deluxe cab, electronic draft control, speed match, rpm management, a hp boost in pto and road gears and a few other goodies.

That's one sweet tractor. Don't forget to write it off during tax time. ":)"

/ Case-IH jx95 vs JD 5420 vs Kub M9000 #40  
New to this site. I have a 2year old 125 Pro. You should enjoy this tractor. I had a 110U that had problems and the dealer treated my right on the trade for the 125. I'm hoping the Farmall 95 meets my expectations