Cat 299d

/ Cat 299d #11  
i have a cat 289c and have had very good luck out of it. of course minor things here and there but 99% of the things that have gone wrong the dealer took care of it at no charge even though it was out of warranty.example: numerous air conditioners, torsion axles, and just experementing with different things like pre cleaners. in my opinion you may pay more for a cat but its well worth the money in the long run. now....... $110,000 for a skid steer? i think not.

/ Cat 299d #12  
Sounds like there to proud of that yellow paint now. u couldn't make me pay that for a ctl, it's still a skid steer an can't handle mulching.

/ Cat 299d #13  
does it have the same tracks as the 299c. if so you could not give me one. around here where i work and live it hilly and steep 299c tracks will not stay on.

/ Cat 299d #14  
just because its a ctl dosent mean it cant handle mulching. yeah thats way to much for a skid steer, but as far as " it cant handle mulching" is a joke. 99% of guys who mulch run skid steers. they have made alot of people alot of money. no doubt it harder on them than big machines, but you are gonna have trouble out of anything that mulches whether it be 50 hp or 500 hp.

/ Cat 299d #15  
No skid steers aren't built to run a head 24/7 they can'y handle it i've tried it.
Now running a head here an there an using a bucket grapple whatever else yea u can't beat them. If your planning on running it all the time mulching don't waste your money on something that's not built for get a purpose built machine.

/ Cat 299d #16  
I can understand where yall are coming from on running mulchers on CTL they could be built alittle better to handle the torture, but we have a supertrak takeuchi with 7000hrs of mulching and a sk120 which is a 287b based machine with 5500hrs of mulching.....both have had there problems, mostly minor or normal to what mulching will do to a machine. We still run both of them today 8-10hrs daily. It all comes back to how you take care of them because everyone in the mulching business knows, there isnt very many other services that will wear a piece of equipment as much as this business.

I have heard of nearly all brands having problems dealing with the stress involved in mulching, fecon 140s burning up, tons of rayco 87 problems, even bron 400 and 500, supertrak machines, and just name it with ASV.
But on the same hand i am sure there are many of these same machines out there running problem free, even the ole RC100.

I am curious to see what this 299D will do, but fear the DPF emission equipment is going to create way too much heat and be a very easy source of a fire. Also heard they will offer a steal track for this undercarriage.

/ Cat 299d #17  
I agree these new Interim Tier 4 engines are going to bring a whole new problem to the mulching world in the CTL class machines. There's just not enough room for the cooling it's going to take and the MFG are still thinking that these machines need to be Aerodynamic. LOL I wish they'd all spend more time talking to the dealers and end users.

/ Cat 299d #18  
I agree these new Interim Tier 4 engines are going to bring a whole new problem to the mulching world in the CTL class machines. There's just not enough room for the cooling it's going to take and the MFG are still thinking that these machines need to be Aerodynamic. LOL I wish they'd all spend more time talking to the dealers and end users.

Just the end users would be good and not the over educated idiots who design them. Gees I better stop here before the blood pressure goes through the roof.

/ Cat 299d #19  
SSP&M said:
I am curious to see what this 299D will do, but fear the DPF emission equipment is going to create way too much heat and be a very easy source of a fire. Also heard they will offer a steal track for this undercarriage.

Agreed on the DPF I remember when the new 6.4 Ford came out and the big scare went around after the video showed up on YouTube of one catching a field on fire going into regen! Would love to see a steel track option from the factory. Im at 1500 hours on my original steel tracks on my Supertrak 140STR.

/ Cat 299d #20  
Sspm did u ever put that big motor in that takeuchi u bought?