Cat 299d

/ Cat 299d #21  
we have takin nearly all the good parts off the takeuchi so now it would not be a good donor for the transplant. When we get a newer machine to replace our takeuchi in use, i am planning to stick a 130-150hp 4cyl and a dedicated pump that would be similar to the sk120...maybe alittle more.

i think the takeuchi frame is one of the most dependable, and i am working on steel track converting it, if its not too much i will do it. we need one with rubber tracks and one with steel.

/ Cat 299d #23  
We have a 299c and we had a triple flange back roller installed from cat and it made a world of difference keeping the tracks on. As for the price I would guess it could be had for around 80k. After really wheeling and dealing we got a high flow 299c for about 72k last fall. Be persistent. Caterpillar is 100 times better than bobcat for support. We had to turn our air intake tube to suck air from straight above the engine because it would plug up with sticks, leaves, and corn stalks all the time.

/ Cat 299d #24  
Caterpillar is 100 times better than bobcat for support. .

I think this is based on the dealer in your area. My experience has been that CAT corporate and Bobcat Corporate both do a good job in addressing issues but ultimately the dealer and its ocal service department make or break support. I've owned a JD dozer, CAT skidsteers and attachments, and many Bobcat machines and attachments and I can definitely say they all have their pros and cons when it comes to support.

/ Cat 299d #25  
I'll second that good point we bought two challenger mt535 in 2008 and a challenger mt 285 from Yancey cat in Georgia great service and they drove to mobile al to work on them in 2010 Yancey give up the challenger line and we've tried everyone else around that are challenger dealers and had nothing but crap for service.

/ Cat 299d #27  
I just had mine delivered to me yesterday. The 299D is an absolete animal pf a skidsteer.

/ Cat 299d #28  
How's that for a skid steer

Attachments

• image-2797699906.jpg
    image-2797699906.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 935
   / Cat 299d #30  
image-2495034822.jpg

Blade is sitting there just haven't put it on yet might need some help