Check My Specs and math

/ Check My Specs and math #31  
it shouldn't matter what you are driving, one panic stop (or close to it) at speed should tell you where you are at.

better to find out sooner than later.

/ Check My Specs and math #32  
But his load isn't under 6k. So a 1/2 ton would be the better option
We have yet to get any proven numbers and so far just have guesses to the actual weight which is why I said "If his load stays under 6k lbs".

/ Check My Specs and math #33  
What in the world is a Canyon? I do not stay up on GM stuff but only 6,000# tow rating on a V8??? Seems awful low. I guess if its a little truck with a big engine.

As for the loaded tires I think you are high. My tractor has 10x24 ags and loading both only added 400# or so.

Chris

to get 600# a side he'd need 16.9-24's that's what I got on my NAA.

here's a chart that will help:

Liquid Tire Ballast

soundguy

/ Check My Specs and math #34  
My other concern would be the hitch on the truck itself. I looked up the Canyon and while the V-8 is rated at 6,000# what his the hitch rated at? My guess is its a class III max on that truck and only rated at 5,000#

Case in point. My F-350 is rated at 18,300# but the rear hitch is only rated at 15,000#. You have to go GN/5th wheel to use the full towing capacity of the truck.

Chris

no way I'd tow anything other than a yard trailer behind a dakota/ranger/s-1o sized truck.. I pulled my yanmar tractor on a trialer behind my ranger onxce.. sold the ranger.. got the dodge 1500 .. finally got a real truck now...

soundguy

/ Check My Specs and math #35  
Yeah, but he did say the FEL was a 16LA, which points to a large frame NH Boomer which the spec sheet lists as at least 3300#. He's not asking about a SCUT or small frame CUT like a B series or CK20, so a compact/midsize truck is way out of its league.

We have yet to get any proven numbers and so far just have guesses to the actual weight which is why I said "If his load stays under 6k lbs".