Tires checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #1  

madisonhawk

Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Hi everyone,
I noticed my one rear tire seemed low the other day ,so I turned the tire until the valve was up on top. Problem is ever time I tried to get the pressure reading in the tire the darned sticky beet juice would come out and make a mess and wouldn't show any reading on the tire gauge. I just went ahead and put some air in to where it looks ok. Is the tire possibly to full of ballast or do they make a special tire gauge for checking filled tires? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Don

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #2  
To answer your question, yes. I just look at mine. After all we are talking about a low speed tractor here not a airplane. No need to over complicate things.

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #3  
If you ever pop a tire off the wheel, you will wish you had a good way to measure pressure. My rears have antifreeze and a regular tire gauge works OK. I once broke the bead on a front tire (not filled). I was unable to re-seat the bead DIY. I could barely lift that front tire into my pickup (a rear would have been impossible for me to lift). I spent all day locating a tire place with one of those air canons to re-seat the bead. Several tire places without that air canon tried and failed to seat the bead. Now I own an air canon tire bead seater for next time.

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #4  
The fronts are way easier to measure since they are not filled. The front fronts are also more important to have close to proper pressure.

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #5  
If you give a little squirt of air into the tire before checking with the gauge, then you will get a better reading and minimal loss of beat juice.
After you have checked the pressures, rinse off the gauge in warm water and then give it a blast or two with WD40.

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #6  
Another safe way is to set your air supply regulator to the recommended tire pressure and fill them all, no need to goop up your gauge.

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #7  
I don't have beet juice but WWAF, all I do is push the valve in for a second to blow the liquid out and then use my gauge.....Mike

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #8  
http://www.joesracing.com/images/F133292216.jpg

The one I use is a little different from this because it has a pressure gauge in the handle so the gauge stays away from the fluid. I couldn't quickly find a picture of mine.

These work quite well and don' seem to let rimguard to the gauge. I never had a problem using one like this.

I just keep air flowing when I hook it up, then briefly let up to check the pressure, and then run air while unhooking to keep the nozzle clean. Then run more air to keep the nozzle clean.

Keep the tires up to snuff because breaking a bead in the rear is a monster mess.

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #9  
If you ever pop a tire off the wheel, you will wish you had a good way to measure pressure. My rears have antifreeze and a regular tire gauge works OK. I once broke the bead on a front tire (not filled). I was unable to re-seat the bead DIY. I could barely lift that front tire into my pickup (a rear would have been impossible for me to lift). I spent all day locating a tire place with one of those air canons to re-seat the bead. Several tire places without that air canon tried and failed to seat the bead. Now I own an air canon tire bead seater for next time.

Would make one **** of a potato gun!

/ checking tire pressure when filled with liquid ballast #10  
When I had my tires filled with beat juice they gave me a gauge that has a spring in it and it spits the juice out after you check the pressure.