Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS".

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #41  
Sad part is that there aren't many '65s represented anywhere...I see tons of '66s and '68+ versions at the car shows...Those '65s are like hens teeth I guess. Never seen anything that even remotely looks like my parents car.

I do remember my mom saying that the '65 they bought (used) was stupid expensive at the time, maybe that explains something...She loved the looks and my dad loved the fact that it was fast..No questions asked...They bought it..My parents always had a "toy" car in the garage while I was growing up and this was the 2nd or third of those at the time.

Guess that dealer enhanced cars weren't that big of a deal back then...Kinda like buying a new lifted truck now...Ok, nice but what about the warranty headaches?...Don't really know but if everyone knew a pristine Yenko (anything) was going to bring 250K+ now they would have stored them.

Tim, I'm with ya on this one. I myself had an original 1966 Shelby GT -350. I traded this car for a 1968 Cobrajet Mustang that I modded for drag strip use. I sold that car in 1972 and bought a nothing Cougar.

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #42  
Tim, I'm with ya on this one. I myself had an original 1966 Shelby GT -350. I traded this car for a 1968 Cobrajet Mustang that I modded for drag strip use. I sold that car in 1972 and bought a nothing Cougar.

Imagine what those are worth now?

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS". #43  
I wonder if the Caprice is built in Australia and imported?

/ Chevy's new rwd sedan for 14. Simply called the "SS".