Chinese digger recommendations

/ Chinese digger recommendations #21  
The reason tractors get more lookers is price, if I could have had a good skid for 20k i'd have a skid. A skid is so much more versatile imo. On a property like mine a good skid and a quality mini-ex would be a game changer but unfortunately I can't swing that 150k coin.
Bingo. Tractor and 1 ton mini plus a large list of implements for both all in for less than the cost of just a decent used skid only. Our property could use more, but 4x the cost isn't in the cards right now.

/ Chinese digger recommendations
Fingers crossed!! Got a offer from Kamran motors out of Chi town on a two ton and couldn't refuse. Made a couple offers to machineryasia and they didn't come close to Kamran.
Got a chance to get out and look at a couple of Shantui Se17's yesterday and they looked really nice, not the price though. The guy I talked to would not come off his 24k price even though I found where he bought them at auction for 18.

/ Chinese digger recommendations #23  
Kamran and Typhon Terror XVII are the same machine- showing at 11,600 for the Typhon - I think machinery asia is the same as exavatorusa and are connected to Typhon it seems. Kamran seems more of an importer of automotive stuff.

Yes the auction machines are going pretty cheap - but fees 10-15% and shipping is another $1K so an 18K unit is $20K cost. plus transport.

/ Chinese digger recommendations #24  
If you have a few projects around tge homestead and planned to sell the machine afterwards, what would it cost to rent or contract out the work? $5k buy a a lot of work with no headaches
Sine 2009 I have rented a mini X at least three times with the latest to dig a french drain about 120' long.

This last one was about $600 for 24 hours from Home Depot (Kubota u17) and the others have been less.

In other words, I have say less then $2K in rental fees and ZERO maintenance cost other than filling the fuel tanks.

I could have used one three more times and been less than the cost one. When I look at the valve bank on one the maintenance/repair cost spook me.

/ Chinese digger recommendations #25  
Doc70 just curious what the offer was from Kamran - as I contacted them a while back and couldn't get them to reply. If they are selling for under $11K for the 4000LB unit with thumb delivered that would be a good deal.

11,2 four hundred less than MA and a lot less anyone else I could find. Got a call a few hours after my order asking about unloading and extra attachments, picked up a rake. unfortunately they were out of rippers. Hopefully i'll get a call soon that it's on the road. Most reviews I read said they got the machine in 3 to 5 days.

I do understand the rent vs buying. So far I have three big jobs for it and I can think of a hundred little things. For instance my fire pit is about four ft. deep because I have hated the thought of digging it out with a shovel and I have a engine hoist that needs to get from the garage down to the loafing shed. Trust me the list goes on and on.

/ Chinese digger recommendations #28  
Fingers crossed!! Got a offer from Kamran motors out of Chi town on a two ton and couldn't refuse. Made a couple offers to machineryasia and they didn't come close to Kamran.
Got a chance to get out and look at a couple of Shantui Se17's yesterday and they looked really nice, not the price though. The guy I talked to would not come off his 24k price even though I found where he bought them at auction for 18.
I purchased my mini-x from Kamran and had a great buying experience. I too got an offer on a machine I was watching and made a counter offer I never expected them to accept. But then they did accept it. So I had to tell my wife I bought an excavator. 😀

/ Chinese digger recommendations #29  
11,2 four hundred less than MA and a lot less anyone else I could find. \
Doc - that's a great deal on 2 Ton, Kubota diesel, Hyd cooler, dual pumps, pilot controls and thumb!

Last week at auction, the Machpro 15 or 16 as it was listed with cab (2400LB machine) with Kubota engine went for $7300 plus fees, or $8300 OTD. Essentially its the same as the B&S version with direct valving as the 1 ton units.

Drawthree, Great to know you had a good experience with kamran, makes me feel a little more at ease.
Funny about the wife thing, I've been talking about it for awhile and today told her about the purchase. needless to say, I'm still married. lol