Chinese knockoff saws?

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #91  
Another really good example of made in Taiwan or China is the Grizzly line of power tools. Grizzly has strict oversight in their production of tools and the quality of them rivals what was made here as well.

I happen to own a Taiwanese made floor lathe and it's as good as (almost) as my LeBlond Servo Shift floor lathe and it cost appreciably less simply because of the wage difference. Interestingly, the offshore lathe had Reischauer bearings and gear sets in it even though it was made 'over there' The major difference between the two are the quality of the castings and the final finish (the LeBlond's castings are of finer quality and the have more attention paid to the final finish of the castings but accuracy wise, they are equal.

Why it's good to practice discretionary diligence when buying anything from Amazon or Veyvor or any retailer that their products are sourced offshore because they will still sell sub standard products (with no oversight) if they can get away with it.

I purchase a lot from Amazon, but I always look to see where it's made and I also look to see if that product is TUV or ISO certified before buying. Same applies to Veyvor. In fact I just bought a Mag drill from Veyvor for hundreds less than the American made Hougen counterpart. Hard to tell the difference other than cost.

Far as saws go, the Neo-Tech and the Holtzma or whatever it's called are made with no oversight so they are cheaper and while being a copy of say a Stihl, the overall quality and fitment won't be on par with the Stihl simply because of the fact that they were made with no oversight. How it plays out and it's also reflected in the purchase price.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #92  
When covid hit thats when some woke up because of shortages of getting parts from abroad.
Like all our chips for our cars etc come from China etc. Why there would be rows of them stored in fields and parking lots.

Why we now have a monster chip factory being built south of me.

Intel announces delay in completion of $20 billion Ohio computer chip plant. Target had been 2025; ground was broken in September 2022 outside Columbus and company now references ‘3-5 years’ from groundbreaking​

Yeah it’s a long time comin.
We can’t go on forever being spoon fed by the chinese like a baby in diapers.

Let’s hope we follow up on chip factories with some basic pharmaceutical factories, too.

Might not be a bad idea to start steel & metal production for when WW-3 gets goin, either.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #93  
John Deere builds an amazing amount of tractor parts & assemblies in China and they are pretty well built. I have 3 10 year old Chinese made John Deere gearboxes as proof.
Friend of mine has a 100HP Deere tractor with chinese made stuff all over it and few problems.
The key is manufacturing oversight and strict quality standards by companies like Deere.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #94  
Thing that burns my biscuits. Is stihl husky makita and bet rest use china for their parts supply too.
They use the cheaper labor but we still pay the OEM prices for our parts here made there.
They just line their pockets with profits and charge us the same cost.

Just a few oem parts to get the idea.

hchinaaaa.jpg
hchinacoil272.jpg
hchinaaa.jpg

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #95  
Without getting into a long winded comment about profits, let me say that the production cost to produce tie rod ends and what they actually retail for would really burn your biscuits. I used to deliver strip steel to TRW steering systems and when I found out the production cost to make, versus the retail cost to buy, I was in total amazement.

Lets just say that I was in the p[lant and spied a full container of finished tie rod ends that looked just like the ones I had just replaced on my Ford F350 and when I found out what they cost to make versus what I had to pay, I was amazed and somewhat teed off at the same time.

In reality, it's all about markup and the more times a certain part (or any part for that matter) changes hands, every set of 'hands' marks the it up because every set of 'hands' has to make a profit.

If consumers actually knew what a part (any part) costs to make, versus what it sells for, everyone would be an unhappy camper. Your parts are no exception and that is why China is a desirable place to produce hard goods, simply because there is more gleaned profit there.

Believe me, just because it's 'on sale' means nothing.

How about 40 cents to produce the part but a pair of them even at a discount auto parts store retailed for $75 bucks a pair. 40 cents to make versus 75 bucks to buy, leaves a whole lot of room for markup. Everybody is making money and lots of it at your expense as the end user.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #96  
Why I'll never buy a new car or truck. Bad enough buying them off lease. I bet it costs about 25% of the sticker price to manufacture a complete vehicle today, everything factored in.

I'm a firm believer in buying off lease simply because I believe in letting the first owner / leasee take as much of the depreciation hit as possible. As a rule, I can buy off lease for about 50% of the sticker price.

Last buggy I bought, I saw the sticker and it was 26 grand, I bought it for 11 grand and still under factory warranty as well. Even 11 grand was too much, knowing what I know.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #97  
I'm a bit surprised by this thread. Is the USA still enforcing any sort of intellectual property? Or did corporations just give up on filing patent infringement suits? Is it just more cost effective to let the clones in? Under license is one thing, but does China even have a court to address an infringement?

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #98  
Not a clue and I personally hold 2 patents but in reality they aren't worth the paper they are printed on because if the Chinese wanted to, they'd copy my stuff in a minute. My only defense to that is I keep my prices low enough to where they cannot realize any profit from them.

The days of Patent infringement are long gone, IOW the Chinese don't care.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #99  
I worked for a Manufacturer some years back. One of their signature products were popular plasma cutters. Soon the torch consumables started showing up on ebay shipping from China for half price. Of course being a knock off with less hafnium, very poor copper and even worse longevity. The lawyers went after them and China response was go ahead and sue us. So they did. thousands later they gave up. There was no way to sue a Chinese company from here at that time. It was around 2006-2008

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #100  
I worked for a Manufacturer some years back. One of their signature products were popular plasma cutters. Soon the torch consumables started showing up on ebay shipping from China for half price. Of course being a knock off with less hafnium, very poor copper and even worse longevity. The lawyers went after them and China response was go ahead and sue us. So they did. thousands later they gave up. There was no way to sue a Chinese company from here at that time. It was around 2006-2008
Another reason to stop buying their **** before it’s all there is left to buy.