Chinese knockoff saws?

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #101  
I agree, I go to great extents to not buy anything made in China. I get stuck with it from time to time, however.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #102  
Got the new $44 unit. Was not as advertised though and this came instead. It's missing some parts for it like the teeth for the chain area and all of the tool kit as advertised is missing. But it'll run a 36" chain maybe. I'll have to tinker with it to find out if it's worth the time and trouble.

FarmMAC660.JPG

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #103  
Got the new $44 unit. Was not as advertised though and this came instead. It's missing some parts for it like the teeth for the chain area and all of the tool kit as advertised is missing. But it'll run a 36" chain maybe. I'll have to tinker with it to find out if it's worth the time and trouble.

View attachment 858610
Take a 66 over a 38 any day. Almost 17lbs though PHO dry. So might be a draw back for ya.

Missing the rim sprocket only or whole clutch drum too.

g660dryweight34.jpg

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #106  
It sure looks like a Stihl clone.
Stihl, Husky, etc. have expired patents, so these companies reverse engineer and build these clones. Name brand parts will work in them, and they are selling parts for the name brand saws.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #107  
After some investigation it has the clutch drum and sprocket on it and an extra sprocket. It's missing the tool kit with the accessories it appears and all the mounting screws for the handle. Along with the teeth for the bar area.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #108  
I rebuilt my Stihl MS250 with a cylinder and piston from Himway(sp?) that I bought from Amazon. I think I ordered the Himway parts based on the recommendation from someone that said that’s a better knock off company.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #109  

If it runs you did well, 660 Clone with same
" Farm Mac" name sells for ~ $290 on amazon

View attachment 858610

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #110  
Stihl, Husky, etc. have expired patents, so these companies reverse engineer and build these clones. Name brand parts will work in them, and they are selling parts for the name brand saws.

Chicoms don't give a crap about some old US or any other patents - these have been around for awhile.

Old.jpg