CK20 clutch

/ CK20 clutch #11  
When you cracked the engine from the trans did it look like anyone had been in there before you??.......or was the problem a factory issue from manufacture?

With only 500hours?? I am guessing this was a factory QC mess-up......unless it was opened after for some reason.

Thanks for the pics.

/ CK20 clutch
There was no tell tale signs of a previous disassemble but you never know.

/ CK20 clutch #13  
Here is some reading on that issue with other older TYM/Kioti/Daedong tractors. I'm about to have to go through the same thing on my 2001 Mahindra 3510. No issues yet, but I noticed flex by the FEL and can see slight separation behind oil pan and eng/trans plate.

/ CK20 clutch #14  
Glad you got it fixed, good thing you caught it before the casting got broken from the sideways stresses.

/ CK20 clutch
Here is some reading on that issue with other older TYM/Kioti/Daedong tractors. I'm about to have to go through the same thing on my 2001 Mahindra 3510. No issues yet, but I noticed flex by the FEL and can see slight separation behind oil pan and eng/trans plate.

That's an interesting read, thanks for the post

/ CK20 clutch
Update. As it turns out all of the interface plate bolts were not tight and the main bearing cover bolts were loose as well and one was broken, either twisted or sheared off. Picture to follow.

/ CK20 clutch
Picture of broken main bearing cover bolt

Attachments

• 20240329_174643.jpg
    20240329_174643.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
   / CK20 clutch #18  
Picture of broken main bearing cover bolt
Sure looks like the assembler zipped all the bolts on with an impact driver and did not come back to torque them properly. Not usually factory behavior.

/ CK20 clutch
I know, right. WTF

/ CK20 clutch #20  
Update. As it turns out all of the interface plate bolts were not tight and the main bearing cover bolts were loose as well and one was broken, either twisted or sheared off. Picture to follow.

It is a dam good thing you are handy and have the tools/patience.
Were you able to find all the bits of metal?
Main bearing still good/free of metal bits?