Price Check CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc.

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #21  
Hopefully you won't have any issues at all with your new tractor. No matter what I say, or anyone else says, it's only prudent for you to get what you personally want. Good luck!

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #22  
Congratulations on getting your new CK. I'll look forward to your comparison with the B7510. Have fun and be safe. :D

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #23  
Malk315,

Congrats on the new Kioti. I'm sure you'll get years of good service out it. And I'm looking forward to your comparison with the Kubota. Afterwhich, it's likely that one of you is going to have buyer's remorse for not buying the other brand.:D Keep us posted!!

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #24  
Welcome to the pack malk315 !

I think you will be very pleased with your purchase. 10 months and 100+ hours later, I know I am. :D

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #25  
albmn10 said:
I have to say its pretty sad when guys who know nothing about Kioti tractors have to put in their 2 cents and speak on behalf of the actual tractor owners whod be happy to give unbiased opinions.. My Ck30 has been flawless in 150hrs of hard use.The only issue i have had has been with a defective Woods valve on my loader, not a Kioti component. HST has been smooth as silk, excellent power. I read time and time again of problems with other tractor brands and yet I see no kioti owners step in to take a cheap shot. Every brand on here will experience problems with new designs, no brand has been excluded... I thought these troll games had come to an end, its too bad..

I have often wondered the same thing..........why is it that KIOTI owners don't take the time to jump in when there is a problem with other brands? Maybe KIOTI owners are busy using their KIOTI and not reading the other forums. ;) Maybe KIOTI owners / buyers are only interested in reading about issues that other KIOTI owners had / have? The internet is an easy way for some to get in a cheap shot and then say they didn't mean anything. I kind of figure that these are the individuals who were picked on at some point in their life and now have a way to be heard. Could be a good thing .....sometimes. Freedom of speech I guess. It does tend to make me smile on occasion. If nothing else, it is an interesting site.

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #26  
HODAK said:
I have often wondered the same thing..........why is it that KIOTI owners don't take the time to jump in when there is a problem with other brands? Maybe KIOTI owners are busy using their KIOTI and not reading the other forums. ;) Maybe KIOTI owners / buyers are only interested in reading about issues that other KIOTI owners had / have? The internet is an easy way for some to get in a cheap shot and then say they didn't mean anything. I kind of figure that these are the individuals who were picked on at some point in their life and now have a way to be heard. Could be a good thing .....sometimes. Freedom of speech I guess. It does tend to make me smile on occasion. If nothing else, it is an interesting site.

Having a few resident critics around is not such a bad thing. We don't have to pay them much and they keep tabs on a variety of issues for us. I found it useful to read the point/counterpoint arguments while I was looking for a tractor. I certainly understand that my tractor (CK20) is not perfect but frankly after listening to criticism (and providing some myself), and comparing it to alternatives, it is still the best tractor and deal on the market for what I need. To have it criticized just brings to my attention issues I might want to watch out for or to figure out work arounds. The only real downside is that critics and hyper enthusiasts sometimes get into unseemly shouting matches. I think the moderators are pretty good these days at appropriately slapping hands and sending the perps to their corners for a while when that happens. So, in summary, I see our resident critics kinda like Ramora fish that tag along and provide some symbiotic assistance while hardly being a serious threat. Sometimes they are annoying gadflys but that just needs to be tolerated. We Kiotis have thick metal skins (not cheap plastic) so we should not let that sort of thing bother us. If they were not pestering us they'd be annoying their wives so think of this as a community service. ;)

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #27  
IslandTractor said:
Having a few resident critics around is not such a bad thing. We don't have to pay them much and they keep tabs on a variety of issues for us. I found it useful to read the point/counterpoint arguments while I was looking for a tractor. I certainly understand that my tractor (CK20) is not perfect but frankly after listening to criticism (and providing some myself), and comparing it to alternatives, it is still the best tractor and deal on the market for what I need. To have it criticized just brings to my attention issues I might want to watch out for or to figure out work arounds. The only real downside is that critics and hyper enthusiasts sometimes get into unseemly shouting matches. I think the moderators are pretty good these days at appropriately slapping hands and sending the perps to their corners for a while when that happens. So, in summary, I see our resident critics kinda like Ramora fish that tag along and provide some symbiotic assistance while hardly being a serious threat. Sometimes they are annoying gadflys but that just needs to be tolerated. We Kiotis have thick metal skins (not cheap plastic) so we should not let that sort of thing bother us. If they were not pestering us they'd be annoying their wives so think of this as a community service. ;)

Well said. And, I really enjoyed that last sentence. :) :)

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #28  
Good post IT. I value both positive and negative info about our machines. I have brought my share of both to the table.

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #29  
Hard said:
Why would you consider spending your hard earned $15k on a brand that has cracking FELs and problematic HST pedals. Consider spending that money on an established brand or if you don't mind turning a wrench and want to really save some $$$ buy a Chinese tractor. Kioti charges as much as the established brands for their tractors but all you are getting is a pretty good paint job on a Chinese quality tractor in my opinion.

my DK55c (purchased in July 2004) was nearly $14,000 LESS than the comparable orange tractor (similarly equiped). it was purchased at a dealer in New Hampshire (one of the first kioti dealers in the country).

In less than 2 years, i have over 650 hours on the tractor.

i farm. that means i use the tractor for:

baling hay (~15-20,000 bales/year)
14 acres of row crops
restoration of 12 acres of abandoned fields
logging/skidding (50+ cords/year)
moving snow (my driveway is over 1 mile)
+ more chores than i care to mention

i have yet to experience any failure that i characterize as severe (just a few minor issues, none of which prevented me from farming).

as with any newer model, expect issues. happens with cars, trucks and tractors. ironically, i echoed your same sentiment a few years ago when i was ready to spend $50,000 on a tractor.

glad i had the insight (and cajones) to take a chance on kioti. i'm not looking back, and now ready to purchase another unit (CK series) for greenhouse production.

pf

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #30  
psuedofarmer said:
my DK55c (purchased in July 2004) was nearly $14,000 LESS than the comparable orange tractor (similarly equiped).

Sorry, but this is where I have to say that all the other readers roll their eyes and laugh. C'mon now, I priced a DK55 cab model, a DK65s cab model and a Kubota L5030HSTC. With similar equipment; actually considerably more since I wanted a hydro drive, the Kubota cost me less than $500 more than the Kioti DK55 cab. That made it a no brainer for me. So you're telling me that you got a $14,500 better deal on a DK55 than the best deal in my area. Nothing personal, but I've heard this story before and have always found a fish.