Price Check CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc.

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #31  
Dargo said:
Sorry, but this is where I have to say that all the other readers roll their eyes and laugh. C'mon now, I priced a DK55 cab model, a DK65s cab model and a Kubota L5030HSTC. With similar equipment; actually considerably more since I wanted a hydro drive, the Kubota cost me less than $500 more than the Kioti DK55 cab. That made it a no brainer for me. So you're telling me that you got a $14,500 better deal on a DK55 than the best deal in my area. Nothing personal, but I've heard this story before and have always found a fish.

this is exactly why i don't use this forum on a regular basis any longer. the difference was significant. the DK55 and the Grand L were placed side-by-side with BH, FEL and boxblade. the difference was exactly how i quoted it.

frankly, i could care less about smelly fish. i've got hay to bale.

pf

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #32  
psuedofarmer said:
my DK55c (purchased in July 2004) was nearly $14,000 LESS than the comparable orange tractor (similarly equiped). it was purchased at a dealer in New Hampshire (one of the first kioti dealers in the country).

Heya PF!

Could you please send me the information for the dealer you purchase(d) your Kioti's from? My JD 855 is getting a little long in the tooth, and is really starting to nickle and dime me. :D Kioti doesn't have any dealers within a hundred miles of my house, so I am going to need to travel if I want a deal. I have several of the name brand tractor dealers near me, but I can haul the flatbed trailer to get a deal that good. ;)

I'm probably not looking for anything as large as your DK55c, but if they have a model in the 30-40HP range, that would be great!

Thanks!
Dave

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc.
Went over to Harvard Power at lunch time and dropped off the down payment.

Tires are out getting filled but she we won't ready til at least monday.

The serial # of the machine shows it does not have the bushing fix for the HST pedal so they plan to install that monday (figure it's best to put it on rather than take a chance that it would have to go back if it ended up w/ the bushing issue talked about earlier). I'm glad they're doing that (free of charge of course).

Then they'll finish prepping the machine, and drop it off monday night or tuesday.

Hopefully monday night or tuesday night I'll get the delivery pictures up here for all to see.

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #34  
psuedofarmer said:
this is exactly why i don't use this forum on a regular basis any longer. the difference was significant. the DK55 and the Grand L were placed side-by-side with BH, FEL and boxblade. the difference was exactly how i quoted it.

frankly, i could care less about smelly fish. i've got hay to bale.

pf

$14,000 less? Wow!!!!! I must say that I have never priced a DK model. I've never priced anything Kubota bigger than a B3030.
I do agree with Dargo that this price difference sounds a little overboard. Not saying it didn't happen, but I never saw ANY tractor with even close to that % of a difference.
PF, you got a good buy if your numbers are on

Malk315, enjoy your tractor! (I like to say that even though I'm sure you will!)

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #35  
At the same time the L5030 and DK55 aren't even close to being apples to apples, the DK55 is much more tractor.

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #36  
gamble77 said:
... the DK55 is much more tractor.

Nothing personal, but that's your opinion. Not saying that it is a bad tractor, but for what I needed and wanted it was less. I do a lot of constant moving around on rather steep hills. I've driven gear tractors for 25 years, but for what I do right now, a hydro transmission is a huge plus. No need to go into other specifics for what I need because it doesn't matter. It's my opinion of what I need just like it's your opinion that the DK55 is more tractor.

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #37  
Dargo and Pseudo, I have an L5030 HSTC because I could get it used for 15,000 less than a new DK55C in Canada. Here the Kioti are priced on par with kubota's.

I know both of you know the L5030 and Dk55 are not comparable, the DK45C is really the size equal to the L5030. The dk 55 is on par with the M5700 or M4900 Kubota's.

Besides the price difference, I was worried about how the electic pto would be on my baler and mower given their huge flywheel/rotating mass. I thought it may be too rough o engagement. Apparently pseudo has no trouble.

I also was worried about weak roll back problems all the 1595 loaders were having. And wasn't keen on the unsuspended seat in the smaller kiotis (ouch!)

So I got my good deal on the kubota and all's perfect? Well, no, the kubota has been a champ but it is not as big of tractor as I need. I bale about 5000 small squares a year and it can't haul the baler with a wagon. Too light for that. It also is right at its power limits when dragging the mower conditioner up steep fields.

So I bale, drop on the ground and we pick up. Whats in my future? Likely a M6800 cab model or something like that unless I stop seeing stories of DK55 axles popping. Maybe we'll look at a DK65 too.

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #38  
Just curois, has anything happened with the whole FEL cracking issue?

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #39  
Neil, not since the announcement that they would be fixing and updating the loaders. They had anticipated a three month timeframe since the announcement. No loader that I've heard of has completely self destructed yet from the cracks.

/ CK20 HST questions, pricing, FEL cracks, HST pedal bushing issues etc. #40  
Just wondering,

What's the current fatality rate from these cracked loaders. 10,000 posts about the issue can't be wrong i mean these things have got to be the Tsunami of front end loaders based on the freak out factor. The issue has literally dominated world events and overshadowed wars and possible terror threats around the world for months... sort of like global warming but without Al Gores ridiculous book and movie however, I wouldn't rule out a movie deal on these loaders. Kioti may have a huge thriller on their hands something like War of the Worlds only with Kioti cracked loaders slaughtering millions on mini estates across the nation.

Ah yes I can see it now....
the carnage. Horrible yet thrilling just the same....

P.S. My Ford Pinto rocked and never blew up. Oh and Sorry about the sarcasm but I just can't take another Kioti cracked loader post.