CK20S HST - Hi SUX!

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #31  
I understand the concern about fuel and engine break in but the most likely explanation is exactly what Dargo said. The CK20 TLB is a heavy tractor. The high range HST is designed most likely to allow the tractor to travel on flat roads and is therefore (almost) completely useless when dealing with any sort of hill. Bottom line is that Kioti needs to either revise the gearing on the high range or, more likely, follow Kubota and put in a 3 speed. I would imagine you'd need about 30hp in that CK20 frame to overcome the too tall gearing/HST range when the tractor is in TLB mode. I put 180hrs on my CK20 and the high range was just as useless at the end.

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #32  
My ck20 now has 400 hours on it and hi has never worked real well for me, I ALWAYS have to ease into the throttle otherwise it bogs down fast and will still if I dont back off of it.
I did notice an improvement when I take the hydrolic A-B selector and put in in neutral, when its in the A or B postion its really a dog.
So is your A B switch in neutral? if not try that. Its about the only way I can use HI when going up small inclines

Ken

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #33  
I do have a Ck20HST too and I have 100 hours on it and I still have no response on Hi gear on a very low slope. When I first used my brand new CK last summer (so no snow at all at that time) I called the maintenance guy about that and he came my place to check that. Than, he called the distributor to inquire about the problem. The only answer he got is that with the FEL and the backhoe on, it is heavy and that it is normal for the CK20HST to have no power at all (or so) on Hi gear.

I will check on that forum again to see if someone (hope a dealer will come back with a real answer).

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #34  
Yes the 20 is heavy, I was just stating issues I have seen for power loss issues, Sorry if some didn't like my answers.

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #35  
Mine is pretty doggy in high range. It can't climb the slight hills on my relatively flat property while the RFM is turning.

But I am still not too upset about that, because in low range it has an abundance of power to do anything I have tried.

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #36  
Mine is no powerhouse in high, but it will climb a modest hill with little issue, even with the heavy Woods BH70X, and with the box blade on the back I can do light loader work in high without too much trouble. It does help if the engine is at 2600 rpm or more.

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #37  
High on my ck30 hst is useless. I do have the backhoe on it.

It works downhill though!

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX!
I'll tell you what, what would make sense is for Kioti to either add a MID gear or reduce the HI gear so the top speed is ... Say 7mph. At least then it would be usable to a degree.

I wonder what would happen is we got got the engine to produce a couple more horse power. I would think that would be fairly easy to do on a diesel since all you have to do is give it more fuel and air.

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #39  
rcrcomputing said:
High on my ck30 hst is useless. I do have the backhoe on it.

It works downhill though!

Wow, that's surprising to me. I have a (new) 30 HST and it goes rather well up my VERY steep drive in high range. It lugs a little bit but still, it does make it.

I do not have a BH on though. Those things must weigh as much as a tank!

/ CK20S HST - Hi SUX! #40  
PAB_OH said:
I do not have a BH on though. Those things must weigh as much as a tank!

Backhoe is tractor language for anchor. They weight upwards of 1000lbs easily and you definitely know it's back there.